• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 19/lb injectors report

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a few sets of the orange top ford 19/lb injectors. I recently installed a set on my daily driver xj. Its a 1990 (RENIX) with a pumped up 4.0/AW4/ rolling on 35in mtrs with 3:55s. I know what you just thought, but I can spin em on the pavement. So, shh. I bought the design III's for my DD. I noticed a smoother idle, smoother transition through the rpm's with these injectors. I did notice better throttle response, and observed a MPG increase. Last trip on the old stock injectors I drove mainly on the highway with 2 mild grades a some hot rodding in town. Fully loaded down I got 13mpgs. First trip with the new injectors, I was fully loaded down again, 4 grades, alot of highway driving again, but I had about 30-40mins of idle time. Also, the last 2 gallons or so were used speeding light to light around town. I observed 15 mpgs. On long road trips before lightley loaded I could get 19mpg doing 65-70 while driving over two grades. Im fully gassed up right now and partially loaded. I will report back after this tank. Maybe I'll go on a roadtrip just to test it out.
All in all, These injectors are a good investment. I have no problem buying these again for customers or recomending them to others. I did buy a set of 8 and had one bad injector, so Beware who you buy from and your warranty.

How much did they run you?

I've never replaced my injectors, is it hard/time consuming?

I got mine of ebay for $76 shipped. I was gonna go with presicion auto injectors, but found way cheaper plus they were rebuilt and cleaned just like the others and lifetime waranty. It is way easy to do. I removed my tranny cable and bracket off my throttle body, then the 4 bolts that hold my fuel rail. Wiggled the injectors out of the intake, changed them all. Just use gas to lubricate the orings before assembly. It makes them slide in easier.

Part number? Pic? Link to example? eBay seller?

Also, dont buy used injectors, its pointless because you dont know if they will work or not.
I bought used and they turned out okay.. cleaning them and cycling them jus the same as any other.. Cheaper too. YMMV

Part number? Pic? Link to example? eBay seller?
Just ebay ford 19 lb injectors. Orange design II or design III will work, I bought design III.
i am more interested in this!!
It's built, balanced, ported, bored, tuned, and yea. Lol. You can hear it in my thread called somethings coming. Its in this forum. As far as specs go, they are secret. : )

I bought used and they turned out okay.. cleaning them and cycling them jus the same as any other.. Cheaper too. YMMV

Its hit or miss from what I understand. My new injectors had one sticking so I swapped it out. Ive heard of presicion auto injectors having this issue sometimes. My vendor said he will ship me a new injector for free. not a huge issue seeming how my set came with 8 injectors.

i put some 19lb yellow tops in my MJ couple years ago...really helped the idle and throttle repsonse...i did notice a consistent 2 mpg increase b/c i drove the truck a lot for work and tracked the mileage like a hawk

I dont have part numbers. Look on ebay. They are called 5.0 injectors sometimes. Heres a link to the guy I bought from. Phenominal service. I bought the design II's then asked if he would change my order to the III's. He sent me an invoice for the difference, shipped next day with a tracking number so I could follow it. I had one faulty injector out of 8, mentioned it to him and he sent me a new one. Lifetime free replacement, and he sells lots of different injectors. Check him out.http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/smokestackj/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

His name is smokestackj.

how did you find out it was faulty? What's the difference between design II and III? He only has the two listed on his ebay site right now. i need to get these...

Last edited:
how did you find out it was faulty? What's the difference between design II and III? He only has the two listed on his ebay site right now. i need to get these...
I had a misfire, so I pulled the injector harness one at a time, when I pulled one and the engine didnt change rpm I knew what cylinder had the misfire.
design II is metal body, like your stock injectors also they have a plastic nozzle I believe, design III is plastic body, metal nozzle. The design IIIs are less prone to heat soak (Thanks Gradon), and newer design so possibly more efficient? I dunno, makes sense in my head.

what are the differnces between the yellow and orange 19 lb injectors?
Honesty I don't know. It COULD be the same injector.

There are different part numbers to different era injectors. Yellow vs orange is your choice. Both were rated the same (from what I've seen online). Bosch and Ford have their own numbers for these injectors. They came in MANY DIFFERENT VEHICLES. one of my sets come up as Volvo injectors. Identical except the others say Ford. Heres the Ford number, F4SE-A1B. Here's Bosch's number, 0280155700.

Back