• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coppenger Cove Ride

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Ok ladies and gents... Im in need of a wheeling fix so its time for an official RSOR Cove Camaraderie!

Mark the calendar for Saturday, August 14th. We will be meeting at the Jasper Exit off I-24 at 9 AM. Coming from Chattanooga, the gas station is the only one on the left side of the interstate (it is on the right coming from Nashville).

If you trailer your rig, there is a place to park at the top of the mountain where we will be going in. For those of you that have been with me before, this is a new way in so the experience will be all new.

Come join me for a whopping good time! Post up if you plan on attending so I can get an idea of the group size.

I'm in....jeep permitting.

Crud.....Mark and I are supposed to be at StumpXJ's place for some metalworking.

What are you wheeling Tyler?

i'll actually be in that area for a bit in my jeep, but i'll be on my way to the beach with a dog, and a butt-ton of camping gear, oh yeah and the wife.:D
i'd love to go, but it isn't going to happen for me this time around, plus i'm only on 32's. have fun fellas!

Tyler what will you be wheeling? 32's wouldnt be a problem out there btw even 31's for that matter

I really don't like that place. Jasper is the Meth/car theft capital of the world so you never who or what your going to run into. I would much rather go to a park that has obstacles and then you can go back to the parking area and eat. Plus I like to know that where I am is a legal place to go.

The Cove is a good place to ride. Being acquainted with a Coppenger doesn't hurt either.
I had little to no problem on 33's last time up, but we didn't hit anything that big either, just a lot of cold deep water.

I really don't like that place. Jasper is the Meth/car theft capital of the world so you never know who or what your going to run into. I would much rather go to a park that has obstacles and then you can go back to the parking area and eat. Plus I like to know that where I am is a legal place to go and i won't get anally raped in the local jail for tresspassing.
^^hardyharharsnortsnorthar!
that's some funny junk.

the cove is my fav place to ride... tons of creek beds and rocks! but unfortunately my senior year in engineering school has taken ALL my time... and when im not at school im on the river wakeboarding.

Would love to, but I think I'm gonna Jeepin' in another way that weekend.

Crud.....Mark and I are supposed to be at StumpXJ's place for some metalworking.

What are you wheeling Tyler?

Would love to, but I think I'm gonna Jeepin' in another way that weekend.

Up to you guys, but we can move the weekend if you want. I wouldnt mind riding at this place also. I like water crossings and good trails...

Mark, my plans have changed drastically since we last spoke, I am no longer going out of the state for work, so aside from this coming weekend, I have the weekends open for the foreseeable future...

~ Stump

Welllllll then...... If I can get gears installed before this ride, wanna go? Even if I don't get mine done, we can move the date so you can go. I DON'T want to stand in the way of some good wheeling. Let's work out a different time and go wheeling...whatdoyasay?

Hey Mark you can ride with me...... Oh that would be fun.

I'll ride with you anyday.......

that mines not running.

Well... Mark, as long as Latney can get the cryoing done before the trip we can spend a day and get them in for you.

As far as legality and theft issues... I have never had anything stolen and when I drive the Jeep it is trailered. Also, where we are going in, the trail head is only about 2 miles from the parking lot and its all single lane back roads so no worries about cops. As far as the land being legal, most of the trails have been around since the mid 1800s, and most of them can be found on maps that date back to the mid 1900s. It is a completely legal place to ride. There is even a church burried up in the cove that still holds a service on Sunday mornings. They serve food and drinks at the grave yard on Friday and Saturday nights even.

It is definitely a great place to ride. I would encourage everyone to join us as its going to be an awesome time.

For those of you that asked, I will be in the Ranger. Betty is coming together, most of the fab work is complete, but it just wont be done by then.

tyler, bogosia was just razzing you a little about the you not liking wooly's and taking every opportunity to tell us that. nobody has any doubt that cop-cove is a great spot. i wish i wasn't gonna be trying to get somewhere, because i'd be all over this. i wheeled the waggy a bit today and she did great! i wouldn't be afraid to go to moab at this point after how well she did...

Back