• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bye, Bye leafs! Hello, Coils!

Rodimus

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you already know, I am the operations and sales manager for T&T Customs. Well, my Jeep recently underwent some surgery.

Before...

DSC08585.jpg

DSC08589.jpg

DSC08591.jpg

DSC08590.jpg

sweet rig

After...

DSC08608.jpg

DSC08617.jpg

DSC08615.jpg

DSC08611.jpg

DSC08631.jpg

We gained 10" of travel in the front and 7" in the rear. The back tire is 40" off the ground. We are currently running a RE stock TJ coil in the rear which makes it sit 1/4" high in the back. Once the tire carrier and tire are on it we are going to try a set of 2.5" OME medium weight coils.

Your rock rails look like the rusty slide at my kid's playground. LOL! :D

The rest looks great!

Awesome!!:thumbup:

So if you already have the TNT LA setup w/ belly pan do you have to chenge out the entire belly pan to run this coil setup or is it a seperate pan?

Man, you guys at TNT sure come up with some great stuff!

Are you up for a little criticizm?

How does a person go about servicing the transmission and t-case? I don't see any way to change/drain fluids......

The rear upper and lower shock mounts. Seems it would put the shocks in less of a bind rotating the uppers 180 degrees (Just like you have your front shock mounts) so that the shock can pivot right/left rather than front/back, and keep the lowers on a standard shock stud.

Last edited:
...So I think you should hook me up with a lift like that :)

Are you up for a little criticism?

How does a person go about servicing the transmission and t-case? I don't see any way to change/drain fluids......

The rear upper and lower shock mounts. Seems it would put the shocks in less of a bind rotating the uppers 180 degrees (Just like you have your front shock mounts) so that the shock can pivot right/left rather than front/back, and keep the lowers on a standard shock stud.

Agreed.....not fond of the whole belly pan based system due to the all the hassle with maintenance.

Why do you do the shocks like that? The more natural motion of the shock is opposite of what you did.

I do like the rear upper cross member for the shock, coils etc.

I know that it is hard to make a 90% bolt on suspension kit and that is pretty well thought up kit! KUDOS!

I just don't see the need to change to coils in the rear? I love my coils / leaf setup, tweaked it is a good combo!

I see a little rear steer there? .............how is the sway on the street and the highway?

So if you already have the TNT LA setup w/ belly pan do you have to chenge out the entire belly pan to run this coil setup or is it a seperate pan?

It depends on the bellypan. If you have our old one-piece pan then yes you have to change it out. If you have our new one, you unbolt the t-case skid and add the new BP and rear crossmember. For those of you who have the old bellypan we are planning on offering you a credit towards the upgrade.

Man, I need to get my ish on! Looking at this makes me want to get my kit put on ASAP. I won this kit last year at Moab and and have all the parts sitting in my back bedroom....just waiting. Just bought a house with a big garage, so this will become a reality.

Looks great and I can't wait to wheel my XJ with the kit on. Nice touch with the yellow paint.

Tell Erin and Bob hello and to keep up the great work.

Are you up for a little criticizm?

Agreed.....not fond of the whole belly pan based system due to the all the hassle with maintenance.

Why do you do the shocks like that? The more natural motion of the shock is opposite of what you did.

I do like the rear upper cross member for the shock, coils etc.

I know that it is hard to make a 90% bolt on suspension kit and that is pretty well thought up kit! KUDOS!

I just don't see the need to change to coils in the rear? I love my coils / leaf setup, tweaked it is a good combo!

I see a little rear steer there? .............how is the sway on the street and the highway?

The center BP easily drops out so you can get to the T-case. It's true, the tranny is more difficult, but how often are you servicing your tranny? A drain hole could be drilled right below the drain plug or you can get creative with cardboard which I did alot of when I worked at a lube shop in college.

The angle on the shocks at full droop and compression is minimal. They are mounted this way in ZJ, WJ and JK's.

As for rear steer we have less than an inch of movement in the axle from full stuff to full droop so it's not even noticeable. The on road handling is awesome. The swaybars are not installed in the pic but because of the anti-squat that is built into it, it handles like it is on rails. When you hit the gas going around a turn the whole Jeep sucks down and flattens out.

As for the leaves verses coils. This kit is not for everyone. My leaf sprung rear worked great as well but I'm looking forward to the added performance and excellent ride of the coils.

Thank you for the compliments as well, we've tried very hard to make a kit that would perform great yet still be able to be installed by most people.

AHH I want those wheels!
Oh wait...we're looking at the suspension...sick. I just finished some work on my leafs though and it reminded me why I like them, they're simple. All this rear spring stuff looks complicated. haha

Nice job though!

~Scott

How much link separation is there at the frame side?

How does it handle on the road? Need a sway bar? What size lifts does it come with?

We highly recommend front and rear swaybars. With sway bars and the anti-squat we have built into it, it handles like it's on rails.

Back