• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mid 70's F250 Axles

Chief93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My friend has a set of Ford F250 Axles mid 70's not sure exact year, They are a Heavy Duty High Pinion Dana 44 and Dana 60, bot have original ford automatic hubs, u bolt style u-joint yokes,in good shape front disc rear drum, im not sure of brake condition, 4.10 or 4.11 gears, not sure of mileage but theyt are in good usable condtion, not too rusty or anything, again these are my buddies so if you have specific ? ask me aqnd ill get back to you. located in central-south central PA area, but i travel along the Turnpike from exit 11 to 19 every weekend , asking $400, thanks-Aaron

why did i say both axles have automatic hubs? the rear D60 has no hubs

I'm pretty sure F250s had front leaf springs, but can you confirm? Also is the driver's side welded on or cast(the perch)? Thanks

Ary

The front is setup for leaf springs, and the perch is welded to the axle tube, not cast into the housing-Aaron

if you could.. find out what the width of the axles are wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.. i'm in jersey and may be very interested

hello all im sorry it took so long i have more info now but it will be another day til i can get some measurements
they are both out of an F250 front D44 high pinion HD has ford manual hubs, BIG ass brakes and 8 lug pattern has swaybar and all that stuff still mounted, the drivers side spring mount is cast into the case and the pass side is welded on (leaf spring pads) i will get measure ments tommorrow, the rear is defiantely a D60 FULL FLOATER with big drums and 8 lug pattern no wheels on either axle, both have 4.10:1 gears and i can set up a different set if anybody wants. i havent had a chance to pull the diff covers yet and check the teeth for wear, very little rust anyways if any more ??? i will be happy to answer BTW i really dont want to ship these things and they are too big to fit in my jeep thanks -Aaron

Back