NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old July 31st, 2019, 14:01
NAXJA Member

Condenser thread cutting nut size

Hey! I lost one of the thread cutting nuts that attaches the condenser to the radiator. My research shows that its Mopar 6100814 which is out of production, and points to a m6 nut but I'm not sure I believe it. Does anyone happen to know what size it is?
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:23
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: Condenser thread cutting nut size

That sounds about right, TBH. Could you measure the stud and err a little on the small side perhaps? I don't have one handy or I'd take a measurement myself.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old August 15th, 2019, 19:14
NAXJA Member

Condenser thread cutting nut size

I suppose I should update this. I can always depend on Kastein to drop by and comment . I chose Dorman Help 45572 which is for a 1/4" stud. It worked but did not cut threads as deeply as the OEM nut did and I imagine it will easily strip. If I take it apart again and get a metric nut, I'll update this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk