NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > ColoradoFest 2008
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

ColoradoFest 2008 ColoradoFest 2008. July 13-19, 2008. Nathrop (Buena Vista), Colorado

Old April 9th, 2008, 20:31
NAXJA Forum User

Raffle ???s

***First of all this is in no way meant as a slam/snub towards the vendors/sponsors.**

We've been discussing the raffle for the event.Due to the current situation of National Sponsorship Director (meaning lack of ) and some resulting soured relationships with some of our sponsors, we're considering not having a raffle at the event.We'll still have the Friday night dinner regardless but want to know opinions on wheather attendees want a raffle or not.If we don't hold a raffle will it affect your decision on wheather you'll attend the event or not?Or are you good with the philosophy of attending for the wheeling, comraderie, and scenery and a raffle isn't important.We'll do it however the majority feels about it.This is your (attendees) event so lets hear your opinions.I just want everyone who attends to have a great time and go home with a smile on your face and good memories in your head.

If you know you won't attend then please do not respond.No offense but we only want to hear from those that might be ,or, are attending the event- any other opinions are unnecessary clutter.

Last edited by planefixer; April 9th, 2008 at 20:45.
Old April 10th, 2008, 00:39
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Raffle ???s

Let me add that the purpose for holding a raffle for our Chapter event is to recognize and thank the vendors that do sponsor our event, both National and local vendors, and to raise operational funds for our Chapter event, Chapter meetings, get t-shirt/hoodie orders started, and other Chapter expenses as well as to contribute to National's funds to support the website, etc. (15% of the event proceeds goes to National) These funds also help us do good things like the Stanton Sticker fund raiser, and pay for our Chapter's membership to COHVCO.

We are allowed to go find sponsors on our own - but as Jeff stated, National is having Sponsorship issues and it's going to affect our event.

If the decision is to not hold a raffle, I'd like to suggest that we still ask for donations from our Chapter members/users and event attendees - we're gonna need funds.

(Sorry if I stepped on any toes.)

Last edited by YELLAHEEP; April 10th, 2008 at 00:44.
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:18
NAXJA Member #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLAHEEP
If the decision is to not hold a raffle, I'd like to suggest that we still ask for donations from our Chapter members/users and event attendees - we're gonna need funds.
what about just having a 50/50 raffle or something?
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:12
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
what about just having a 50/50 raffle or something?
What exactly is a 50/50 raffle?
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:15
NAXJA Member #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91 Jeep Project
What exactly is a 50/50 raffle?
Everyone that wants to participate buys tickets for their set price. One winner is drawn, and the prize is 50% of the money collected by ticket sales. The other 50% goes to the chapter.
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:19
NAXJA Forum User

I consider the raffle a bonus, nothing more. It wouldn't affect my decision in any way.
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:32
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot Wind
I consider the raffle a bonus, nothing more. It wouldn't affect my decision in any way.
X2!

If I can come, it will be for the wheeling and to meet some follow XJ'ers. Any raffle is just extra!
Old April 12th, 2008, 22:04
NAXJA Forum User

I'll be there for a few days either way. I think the raffle adds something to the event and something to look forward to but I can do without if I have too. I never win anything anyways.

Is Tomkin going to do the BBQ again since its back in BV? That was fun.
Old May 9th, 2008, 17:47
Headbanging Hillbilly

Just a bonus.................. I would show for the wheelin...............AND some beer!!
People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous. Edmund Burke
Old May 10th, 2008, 15:15
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

I am trying to get set up as a vendor but currently have not been able to reach anyone. Possibly because it sounds like there is no one their to reach. I would be glad to donate some parts or whatever. I just recently started my business and I'm looking for ways to promote it. I sell offroad parts strictly for XJ,MJ,ZJ and WJ on my site. No more searching through all those other makes and models. PM me if you want to chat more about it.