• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to borrow a tow dolly for Moab (October)

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Is there anyone that is not planning on running the NAXJA 35th Anniversary Moab trip in October that has a tow dolly that I might be able to borrow?

Right now I am planning on buying a used one to re-sell after the trip but it would be much easier not to have to deal with craigslist idiots if I don't have to.

My tow rig:
2017 Toyota Highlander with tow package
V6 AWD

The XJ:
stock 1999, no lift on 235s and armored up

Before I get all the crap for needing a better tow rig... I know, but I have my reasons for taking this rig vs driving the jeep.

I also know that I will be near the max towing capabilities of the Toyota so I will be driving as such probably keeping to the standard CA 55-65 the whole way and keeping a good distance on the cars ahead of me.

We are renting a house while in Moab, so the trailer will stay inside the garage for protection.

I know its a ways off but I am planning ahead and starting to look for deals on CL already.

Uhaul is $45 per day which comes to $500 plus tax and whatever other bogus charges they want to add on to the bill.

I tried a one way rental but that was going to be more. $270 one way and in reality no guarantee that I would have a trailer ready for my return trip home.

Casey, text me.

My tow rig:
2017 Toyota Highlander with tow packaged
V6 AWD

The XJ:
stock 1999, no lift on 235s and armored up

Before I get all the crap for needing a better tow rig... I know, but I have my reasons for taking this rig vs driving the jeep.

I also know that I will be near the max towing capabilities of the Toyota so I will be driving as such probably keeping to the standard CA 55-65 the whole way and keeping a good distance on the cars ahead of me.

We are renting a house while in Moab, so the trailer will stay inside the garage for protection.

I know its a ways off but I am planning ahead and starting to look for deals on CL already.
Dude I think you will be fine with the Toyota. I just got back yesterday from Moab. I towed my 1,800 lb trailer out there with the XJ. Sustained some damage four wheeling and on the way back I made it to Provo UT before my XJ crapped out (transfer case failure). Anyways, my father in law towed his TJ out for wheeling and I was following him back. We put my XJ on the trailer and used the TJ (which was on his trailer) to tow my 1,800 lb trailer back home. It's mostly flat and sure it sucked over the grades and headwinds but the Toyota V6 should do way better than the 4.0 in my opinion. I really missed my LS on the way back but the TJ did ok coming back.

Also, I don't have a dolly.....

Back