NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 21st, 2005, 19:27
NAXJA Forum User

Need ideas on how to fix

Ok to start off my xj has a 4 inch lift on it. After we buttoned up the frotn end the track bar would not line up with the stock hole,this being my daily driver i needed a quick fix and have read abotu guys drilling a new whole for it. I went ahead and drilled it but had terrible DW. I got out and looked while a friend turned the wheel back and fourth and the middle section on the track bar bracket between the two wholes had broken off so the track bar moves from the stock whole to the drilled on. So now im thinking i can weld a piece of steel to cover up the whole i drilled but dont really know of any other ideas. Help?
Old April 21st, 2005, 19:53
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Need ideas on how to fix

I dont have any personal experience with this type of problem, but welding in a new piece of metal seems like the best solution to me. Then I would buy an adjustable trackbar.