• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How did you mount your front air bumps?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
i am not a jeepspeed guy but i need your guys help. i just installed 14" coilovers in the front of my jeep and am getting ready to install some air bumps so i can keep the jeep low without bottoming out. im running a full width 44 up front and i dont have room to go from the frame straight down to the axle housing itself. this is where your enginuity comes into play.

can i please see pictures of your front air bump locations and mounts?

i am contemplating putting the bump pad on the lower links...

any help is greatly appreciated!

my issue is that i cut out the fender well and ran my coilover hoop into the engine bay so the stock mounting location is now gone.

my lower links are 2"x1/4" DOM with 1/4" mounts and 5/8" bolts. im mostly trail riding so i dont think they will see that much abuse

You'll be fine bumping off the lowers. My only concern is building a pad that will stay level with the bump, so it doesn't deflect it to the side. I'm not sure if you're heim'd on both ends of the lower or not? Pics would really help.

And 1/4" mounts means the tabs themselves, not a heim or bushing? Whatever you decide, bump closest to the axle as possible, it'll give you the closest 1:1 ration you can get so the bumps will actually do something.

im running a bushing on the axle end and a heim on the frame end so it shouldnt move. i should be able to build the pad so it hits level.

im at work so i dont have any pictures with me. here is my build thread though. the last few pages show the link situation

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f33/project-full-width-40201/index39/

the heims are 7/8ths at the frame from ruffstuff. the bushings are 2x1/4" DOM sleeved

thanks for the input!

Just put a set of shaft bumps on your coilovers and call it good.

i actually meant to contact you about yours. im runing the Rock equipment coilovers and the shafts are pretty damn big (1.25"). who sells a foam bump that i can get over the shaft?

Back