• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

off roading and money... For small towns.

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
There is a debate going on in another forum(citydata) and someone brought up that if it weren't for offroaders, many small towns near the various trails that are in the middle of nowhere, would go broke. I believe we do support the towns in some way, since we always need supplies, lodging, food, etc etc while out there.. What do you guys say?

They wouldn't fold but having lived in Moab for a while, I know for sure it would hurt like hell.
Moab has climbers, bikers, hikers, tourons in RVs and all that, sure - but the $s per Jeep way outdo what any dirtbag climbers like me are spending.

what about the town by pargon ,hazelton pa .they must be hurting.that was the only thing around
Yeah, nothing left In Hazelton except for the satellite Penn state college campus and all the other businesses surrounding paragon in that gi-normous industrial park...:rolleyes:
I think the only businesses hurting there(more than others in this economy) is probably the campground around the corner from the park and possibly the junkyard 2 exits up the interstate.

Don't get me wrong; i hate that the park was closed. I just think that there are other better examples of small towns in wheeling communities, like Murphy, NC outside of Tellico there's pretty much nothing big going on there. But Hazelton was a reasonably decent town that seemed to have very little dependence on tourism but happened to have a cool wheelin venue close to it.

Back