• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new rough country long arm kit?

Moparsupercenter.com had a MUCH better price on the upgrade kit then I got quoted on here. I bought it around Christmas though so it may have been a holiday deal, though no mention of that was ever made when talking to the parts counter guy.

Moparsupercenter.com had a MUCH better price on the upgrade kit then I got quoted on here. I bought it around Christmas though so it may have been a holiday deal, though no mention of that was ever made when talking to the parts counter guy.

You serious Clark?

Well i didnt get the whole suspension kit, but i did get the RC long arm upgrade, just the arms and crossmember, and skid. I a have the RE 4.5 superflex kit, but what started out with short arms, then Drop brackets, and now turned into long arms. It rides 110% better then it ever has, the DB's were better then just the arms, but the LA are just so much better. The arms are really solid, and thick, the johnny joints make it super quiet and flex nice. No more squeaks, pops, or weird noises from my front end. I didn't get to fit the transfercase skid on because im rollin with the 242, but no biggey at the time. In the end im super glad i got this kit.

The cross member already has a driveline drop built into it. I modified my crossmember to lift the drive line back up to where it should be. Which also helps the 242 fit. I'm at 4.5" without a SYE and no vibes.

doesn anybody know if im going to need to instal an SYE with this kit? or can i just keep my T-case drop kit

The RC crossmember drops the drivetrain about an inch or so, sorta like a built in t-case drop. I would suggest you install the kit at 4" or higher and then see if it has vibes that aren't fixable with shims.

I like the kit. The set rides very nicely.

Back