• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possibly parting out an 87 xj

altrocker1

NAXJA Forum User
i may be acquiring an 87 xj in the next few days...i'm buying if for the d44 on the back, but other than that i will probably pirate a rear bumper bracket and the leafs...engine is high miles (go figure) but runs well. its an auto 4x4, but thats about all i know. ill post some pics once he sends them to me. if you need anything let me know now and i can see if its good when i get the rig in my hands

here are some pics...i will hopefully be stripping this next week. let me know what you need. im keeping the rear axle, a bumper bracket and the leafs (yes they are shot) just need to cut off the top leafs for a project...dont know yet if the front 30 is disco or not...i'm going to say it probably is, but i won't have it in my possession till tuesday. it does have a reciever hitch

IMG00093-20111122-1602.jpg

IMG00092-20111122-1601.jpg

IMG00091-20111122-1601.jpg

IMG00090-20111122-1601.jpg

IMG00089-20111122-1601.jpg

IMG00088-20111122-1600.jpg

IMG00087-20111122-1600.jpg

IMG00086-20111122-1600.jpg

IMG00084-20111122-1559.jpg

I may be interested in the front clip/farme horns for a bumper mock up unit. we can discuss price once you get it and see what all you are keeeping etc.

alright, collin and i are going to be tearing this apart on monday....i may start on friday, but the big stuff will have to wait. so far this is what is possibly spoken for:

front doors
motor
front clip
both axles and leafs
hood

here is what i know is still okay:
tranny (auto)-$50
242 transfer case-$35
4 aluminum rims-3 are gold spoke, 1 painted white-$65
2 good stock front road tires-$25
2 stock size at's on back with good tread-$35
dash assembly is good-$40
chrome front bumper with black caps and mounts-$25
reciever hitch...little rusty, but really solid-$40
1 rear passenger door $10

these are the big things, there are other usable parts. a lot of them are pretty worn due to age. there will also be some engine parts pulled, but those will probably be worth very little. all parts are located in ankeny iowa. i would prefer not to ship anything, but if its small i probably would

I will still take that front clip and we can talk turkey on the trade. :thumbup:

I need some interior parts if you still have them.

Looking for the kick panels (both) and the sun visor clips.

I would need then shipped to 92277.

If the front carpet is in great shape I would like it too.

front carpet is pretty good...would need some good cleaning though. i think the kick panels are okay, are you talking about the a pillar panels or the bottom dash panel or the panels under the doors? and sun visor clips as in the ones that hold the visors to the ceiling?

The kick panels are in front of the doors under the dash. The visor clips are the ones in the center of the roof that hold the visors in place.

How much you you want for these parts shipped to me?

im going to guess 15-20 shipped depending on your zip...those kick panels are just a little too big for a small flat rate box. ill pull the front carpet tomorrow and get a pic and you can let me know if you want it, otherwise its going in the trash

Sounds good.

How is the fabric on the front seats? Any rips or burns? Dirty is fine I can get them cleaned.

I am changing my MJ from black to burgundy and could use some seat covers too.

Sounds good.

How is the fabric on the front seats? Any rips or burns? Dirty is fine I can get them cleaned.

I am changing my MJ from black to burgundy and could use some seat covers too.

seats are done for...covers were junk and gave the rest to someone else...

I need the coil and module. PM me a price shipped to 60451

hmm...i just sent the motor away today, but might be able to get the coil from it. do you need the module from under the dash?

yup...still got it. i think i pulled it and put it on the pile of parts...$15 shipped? i dont' think its small enough for a small flat rate box, otherwise i could do it cheaper

alright, collin and i are going to be tearing this apart on monday....i may start on friday, but the big stuff will have to wait. so far this is what is possibly spoken for:

front doors
motor
front clip
both axles and leafs
hood

here is what i know is still okay:
tranny (auto)-$50
242 transfer case-$35
4 aluminum rims-3 are gold spoke, 1 painted white-$65
2 good stock front road tires-$25
2 stock size at's on back with good tread-$35
dash assembly is good-$40
chrome front bumper with black caps and mounts-$25
reciever hitch...little rusty, but really solid-$40
1 rear passenger door $10

these are the big things, there are other usable parts. a lot of them are pretty worn due to age. there will also be some engine parts pulled, but those will probably be worth very little. all parts are located in ankeny iowa. i would prefer not to ship anything, but if its small i probably would

alright...update...tranny and transfer case are gone.
bumper gone
reciever hitch gone
all doors gone

here are some pics of what i have left. let me know if you need anything otherwise its going to find its way to the trash soon

hp dana 30...complete disc to disc (decided to sell it)

gauges
0105121431-1.jpg

rims and tires
0105121553b.jpg

0105121554.jpg

"brushed steel" dash bezel

0105121554a.jpg

brake booster and master cyl

0105121554b.jpg

renix computer...i think???
0105121555.jpg

efan
0105121556a.jpg

air box
0111121122.jpg

bezel, coil, pulley, idler pulley, drawtite trailer wiring, blower fan, badges, some doo-hickey that i don't know what it does...looks like a smaller coil or ignition part of some sort, gas cap

0111121124.jpg

wiper motor and linkage, washer bottle and mechanical fan
0111121124a.jpg

flexplate, vacuum booster???

0111121125.jpg

i also have....
battery tray, rearview mirror, hvac vents to deftroster, center console with lid, back seat, some plastic trim pieces including inner quarter plastic, center console liner/bezel, cruise control vacuum actuator thingy, front flares, shift knob, hvac to rear vents, rear hatch, rear quarter glass...

some of this stuff could go for very cheap, possibly even free if you want to come get it. lemme know

do you have the foglight switch and defrost switch panel like this? please pm me if you do.

image copied from another site

IMG_0539.jpg

Back