• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6l Stroker

My stroker has been giving me an intermediate misfire at idle. Has anybody had this problem with theirs. I think it is an air\fuel problem so does anybody have the scan tool engine running at idle values so i can tune this thing or find out the problem.

kemarsh said:
My stroker has been giving me an intermediate misfire at idle. Has anybody had this problem with theirs. I think it is an air\fuel problem so does anybody have the scan tool engine running at idle values so i can tune this thing or find out the problem.
only when i run low grade gas. i think the knock sensor is going something

kemarsh said:

If you're running a stock 0.035" plug gap, try widening it to 0.050". I've found the engine runs better and doesn't hesitate at low revs if you widen the gap, and there's no downside.

Dr Dyno what kind of spark plugs do you use? I went to lower heat range champion gapped at .040 I had stock champions before and I had the same symptoms. Do you think this is a ignition problem or an air\fuel. I agree with you, it sounds like a spark problem, I have tried 3 different sets of plugs but never went .050 gap. So what your telling me is you have notice this problem with your stroker, this is the first time I have heard to use a .050 gap. Has anybody else here notice this intermediate misfire at idle on their stroker I would like to know and what you did to fix it. Dr Dyno I have been on your awsome website for the stroker. Your website is where I got the info to build my stroker from, if this is true about .050 gap then your website would be an excellent place to post this.

Not Hi-jacking but i too have the mis fire at idle, mine also stumbles for a couple seconds then recover ever 45-50 seconds or so.
I will try the plug gap as well.

DR Dyno, how do you set the initial timin on the renix model (with the knock sensor) I think I have it very close, it seems that the computer takes over any adjustment I make to hte distributor... Is there a timing wire lead i need to disconnect similiar to the GM OBD-I systems?

I have tried an adjustable cranksensor from turbo city and still had the same problem so I put a stock one back on, this was all before I re-gapped the plugs so maybe with new gap of .050 the adjustable cranksensor it will work. Here in Calgary the elevation is at 3300 ft maybe theres not enough adjustment in it for this area.

Double check the wiring sequence on the injectors.

Back