NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old May 28th, 2019, 15:11
NAXJA Member

Looking for a volunteer to run the BBQ at Hermit Valley on 8/8/19 for Sierra Fest

Anyone interested in running the grill and taking care of the BBQ at Sierra Fest this year? You would either go in front on Slick Rock that day or you would stay back from the trail, or something of that nature.

We need you to help to coordinate :
A grill with supplies to cook to hermit valley by Friday 8/7/19
A couple tables (other folks can help with this too)
Getting the BBQ food to the campsite

-Jonathan

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Old July 2nd, 2019, 00:42
NAXJA Member

Re: Looking for a volunteer to run the BBQ at Hermit Valley on 8/8/19 for Sierra Fest

Bump

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Old July 2nd, 2019, 08:02
NAXJA Member

Re: Looking for a volunteer to run the BBQ at Hermit Valley on 8/8/19 for Sierra Fest

As I'm coming up for just the hermit valley portion, I can do the costco run for the club for food but i don't have a grill that would work, a little smokey joe is too small for the group I'd presume.

Does anyone have one of those big over the fire grills they could bring and I could pick up charcoal to grill over a fire pit vs. bringing a full on BBQ?
Old July 2nd, 2019, 10:31
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_mike View Post
As I'm coming up for just the hermit valley portion, I can do the costco run for the club for food but i don't have a grill that would work, a little smokey joe is too small for the group I'd presume.

Does anyone have one of those big over the fire grills they could bring and I could pick up charcoal to grill over a fire pit vs. bringing a full on BBQ?
awesome Mike ! If you can grab the food, then we can get someone else to bring a grill.

Who wants to bring a grill ? I have a couple smaller grills, but not one big one.

Old July 2nd, 2019, 11:17
NAXJA Member

Cool! As it get's closer we can coordinate how much stuff you usually get vs. the BBQ count everyone submits.
Old July 16th, 2019, 17:14
NAXJA Member

Bump - just seeing if anyone else wants to volunteer to help mike with this, maybe bring a table or two up to help with the bbq and some supplies. We are grabbing the food itself but can use tables, a bbq, etc.

Old July 21st, 2019, 14:24
NAXJA Member

Bump- one of you guys coming up thurs or fri thats not doing rubicon has to have room

Old August 1st, 2019, 02:40
NAXJA Member

Can a couple people bring a holdup table or two?

Old August 1st, 2019, 22:52
NAXJA Member

We have a little one we'll be bringing in the truck with the BBQ, else we can use the back of the truck for a table
Old August 1st, 2019, 23:09
NAXJA Member

I can bring a small camp table