• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cabins and camping

Not sure if it effects anyone or not but it appears the family reunion that was supposed to have most of the cabins booked through June 29th is not there now.

I was able to go ahead and book our cabin from June 27 to July 5 (we were going to tent camp the first few nights).

So if anyone wanted to come earlier but couldn't get a cabin for the first part of the week...check now...it may be available.

According to the website the Roosters Nest and then #2, 3, 5, 6, and 10 are all now available the weekend prior to the crawl up through 6-30 ...now it looks like they're all booked from July 1 or so for the Crawl but if anyone is like us and coming in early, these look to be open now so you can extend your reservation if you wish.

A lot of us made reservations last year...we wanted the 2nd biggest house this year but even midway through the crawl last year it was already booked up so we just took one of the smaller ones.

For last year's crawl it seemed like a bunch of folks tried to reserve at once and it just went downhill from there. This year he seems to be on top of it better.

A lot of us made reservations last year...we wanted the 2nd biggest house this year but even midway through the crawl last year it was already booked up so we just took one of the smaller ones.

For last year's crawl it seemed like a bunch of folks tried to reserve at once and it just went downhill from there. This year he seems to be on top of it better.

Yeah a lot of us were double booked in a cabin.

Lol, Yes! I will be camping in the field this year not worrying about this shit.

My luck it'll be 1,000* at night this year.

I hate to say it but you're probably right.

We've been REAL lucky the last couple years and last year was absolutely gorgeous weather wise...I'm think we're due for some heat. :(

On a good note...they're having cool weather there still. I think the highest temp in the next 10 days is only supposed to be 71*.

I hate to say it but you're probably right.

We've been REAL lucky the last couple years and last year was absolutely gorgeous weather wise...I'm think we're due for some heat. :(

On a good note...they're having cool weather there still. I think the highest temp in the next 10 days is only supposed to be 71*.

That just means summer weather will be there making up for lost time by the time we get there.

So will my camper (Tow Rig). :)

If it's just a bit warm I'll run a box fan. If it's a billion degrees I'll park away from everyone and run the A/C all night long.

Back