• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternate April Run : Bald Mtn

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
I don't think I'll be ready for the JV run and I hope to have some new gear on my junk that should be tested before I attempt JV. :roll:

Anyway, since Bald Mtn. is in my back yard. I planning on going Sat. the 19th, one that gives me more time to get my junk together and gives everyone a chance to go if they haven't already broke their junk at JV.

It's a simple day run, the main trail is easy, anyone with a 4WD can do it. The best part is it's has many places to play around on.

Minimum requirements are simple:
Legally required automobile insurance and registration;
Fire extinguisher; First Aid Kit; Tow Rope (no metal hooks allowed), Tow Chain, or Winch;Safety belts;Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench; Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)

Main plan:
9AM meet at the shopping center at the intersection of 168/Auberry Rd. , Foster Freeze/Cheveron Station

ooops! Chuck, my boss vetoed the 12th for me. I am clear to go on the 26th though. back channel me on that truss

Well it looks like my concrete project is going to take me longer than expected. My concrete expert guy can't be there for the pour this Saturday, even though I have half of my driveway torn out. Anyway the 5-6 of April is my drill weekend and so that means that the 12 I will most likely pouring concrete. :gonnablow

I'll keep you posted, I may be able to take a day off before the 12 to do the pour. Otherwise I'm still on for the 26, FYI if you have kids, the Clovis Rodeo Parade is the Saturday of the 26th also..

Did you try to call, I have caller ID now and it had a government number and it wasn't from my base. Neil said he was going to stop by soon, right now I just have to dig out my lawn, I have a tiller so it should be too hard. Stop by if you want to help or just make fun of me while I dig. Probably could use some of those Marine cadence calls. :D

haaahhaaah
yea
i called and got no answer.
what time you gonna be done today?
those damn cadence calls are the LAST thing i wanna hear right now! hahahhahah 8 years is enough!

Tiller is not working. So I guess there is not much you can do for me today. If I get the tiller back tomorrow, then I'll be doing some more digging. Otherwise, my dad said if I get a tiller he would run it during the week, he's retired and has nothing better to do except golf and ripping up my lawn. :)

If I'm not digging tomorrow, Niel and I will be wrenching in the morning till about 2:00. Probably at Neil's place since my driveway is all torn up.

i have to do a funeral in reedly.(wherever that is) tommorrow.
that should pretty much ruin my saturday so im not gonna plan anything,but i may wanna stop by and watch you break your rig.:)

26th is the Hollister Mud in Yer eye event.

Regardless, I have a mandatory summer camp staff meeting that day. :(

My concrete is going slower than I would like it to, I don't think we are going to pour on the 12. I checked the weather in the Shaver Lake area, looks like it might be wet. My Brother-in-Law was up there last week and said the snow is mostly gone and he was able to get up on the top. I'll give the final word on Wed the 9th on whether I can make it.

I know I'll be itching to go once I get the drop brackets and alignment squared away on my junk. I will definitely have it done by this Monday. :)

I'm up for any date! Just let me know where to point my rig! I'm just itching to break something! Oh Chuck, I need uppers! (arms) I put that new spacer on and it works great. I'll also have to get with you to work on some tow points.

Help me out on the 12th with the concrete, and the we can pull off the front hitch from mine and the extra rear hitch I have, there you go. I can bring the rear by on Tues., if you want to get a start on it. I know your 1/4" x 2 flat bar and some grade 8 nut will work for nut plates.

BTW, I talked to Ian about lockers and gears, he can get them at wholesale. I emailed him a quote on 4.88 gears and various lockers :)

Back