NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Land Use / Off Topic and other Forums > Non-Tech / Off Topic > Political Discussion Zone
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Political Discussion Zone Forum for Political Discussions

Old November 25th, 2017, 15:35
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Taking a knee

Last week in Mexico, one genius football player sit for for the American anthem then stood for the Mexican anthem. It ain’t about nothin more than look at me, I’m rich and don’t care or have respect for anything but me and mine!!!!!
Old November 26th, 2017, 19:05
NAXJA Forum Supporter

Darky, I think you can show whatever you want with statistics.
For example:
Are there more Blacks arrested for drug offences because they are the majority of users/dealers, or that is what the Neighborhoods these people live in decided was their priority to eliminate from their streets?

It's hard to fly like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys.
There are good people from these neighborhoods that want to see their streets cleaned up, for their schools not to be a hotbed of disrespect and crime, and for their children to grow up as an asset to society instead of a blight. For businesses and schools to succeed in these urban areas, crime must be managed, so the neighborhoods ask for assistance from the Police. That assistance comes with a price - a price some in the neighborhood are unwilling to accept. Protesting that creates unrest, which perpetuates the problem instead of solving it.

I am a firm believer that some of the well meaning policies to occasionally help people of all races, has been used as a living by some. This dependence on the Government to solve Social issues must be addressed in all areas, not just Urban areas. The Governments have shown themselves, not just here, but around the world, as incapable of legislating morality.

That said, that is no excuse for disrespecting our symbols or traditions.
If these people don't like how things are done, then they need to engage. I didn't say "Protest", I said "Engage".
There is a Rapper who gives to the Schools in the City of Chicago. Well done him.

Money may not be the answer, maybe running for Office is, or getting involved in troubled neighborhoods is?
Protest in an of itself rarely accomplishes anything, especially if you are a minority voice. People just react as" 'Well look at those folks - protesting and causing trouble again.'

Last edited by WB9YZU; November 26th, 2017 at 19:14. Reason: Added comments
Old November 26th, 2017, 19:30
NAXJA Forum Supporter

Here's an interesting example Darky. This business sells Coffee and made a faux pas in an add campaign. Instead of politely educating the owner, it looks like people are trying to close the business. https://patch.com/colorado/lakewood-...ency-apologize

Maybe that's the point though, if the neighborhood does not grow, values collapse and rent becomes affordable again - along with all the other social issues that follow.
Old November 27th, 2017, 07:22
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9YZU View Post
For example:
Are there more Blacks arrested for drug offences because they are the majority of users/dealers, ...
Personally, I think it is unfair that men are always the ones charged for sexual harassment, rape, etc.

Half the population are women. Why aren't they charged with half of these crimes?

Clearly, the system is biased.

Old November 29th, 2017, 18:49
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
For example:
Are there more Blacks arrested for drug offences because they are the majority of users/dealers, or that is what the Neighborhoods these people live in decided was their priority to eliminate from their streets?

It's hard to fly like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys.
There are good people from these neighborhoods that want to see their streets cleaned up, for their schools not to be a hotbed of disrespect and crime, and for their children to grow up as an asset to society instead of a blight. For businesses and schools to succeed in these urban areas, crime must be managed, so the neighborhoods ask for assistance from the Police. That assistance comes with a price - a price some in the neighborhood are unwilling to accept. Protesting that creates unrest, which perpetuates the problem instead of solving it.

I am a firm believer that some of the well meaning policies to occasionally help people of all races, has been used as a living by some. This dependence on the Government to solve Social issues must be addressed in all areas, not just Urban areas. The Governments have shown themselves, not just here, but around the world, as incapable of legislating morality.

That said, that is no excuse for disrespecting our symbols or traditions.
If these people don't like how things are done, then they need to engage. I didn't say "Protest", I said "Engage".
There is a Rapper who gives to the Schools in the City of Chicago. Well done him.

Money may not be the answer, maybe running for Office is, or getting involved in troubled neighborhoods is?
Protest in an of itself rarely accomplishes anything, especially if you are a minority voice. People just react as" 'Well look at those folks - protesting and causing trouble again.'
I almost bit on the troll bait and replied but then he used a satirical comedy from 1936 as an example for facts he lost all credibility.

It all goes back to my earlier comment about facts and personal accountability neither of which he cares about.
His facts are skewed and his information is lacking. He can believe what he wishes but he should be prepared to back up his statements with empirical facts other than that it is just an opinion. Neither of which he provided in full.
Old November 30th, 2017, 15:28
Only Slightly Psychotic

Most people are clueless about the Taft Stamp Act.
'87 MJ • 4.0 • AW4 • 231 • D-44 • Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter VP
Old November 30th, 2017, 19:56
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
Most people are clueless about the Taft Stamp Act.
Well, you might very well be the only one here who was alive for it.
Old December 15th, 2017, 04:14
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Well, you might very well be the only one here who was alive for it.
Lol!
Old December 19th, 2017, 03:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Employee conduct rules often interfere with Constitutional rights.

You can say what you want on your own time and on your own property, but when you are on the clock you better mind who it is that is paying your salary.

Don't like the rules? Get another job.

I have no respect for these overpaid babies.
^^^ This.
Old December 19th, 2017, 06:27
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post
^^^ This.
Yup, the truth has been spoken.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:37
NAXJA Forum User

Taking a knee

Quote:
Protest in an of itself rarely accomplishes anything, especially if you are a minority voice.'

You should go around spouting this garbage on the internet, since you’re knowledgeable about minorities and peaceful protest. Redacted personal comments and insults about how small a person must be to think this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 22nd, 2017, 13:04
Sarge <3 Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbound View Post
You should go around spouting this garbage on the internet, since you’re knowledgeable about minorities and peaceful protest. Redacted personal comments and insults about how small a person must be to think this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should start a small peaceful protest here and see if it changes anyones minds?
Old December 23rd, 2017, 19:21
Mostly Harmless