• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation brackets!! YAY!

Figured I'd post a few pics of mine in action!

P5240452.jpg

P5240453.jpg

hitch would be below, yes the holes would fit the bolts. And yes they are in stock and ready to ship.

So you do not need to remove the factory tow hitch to get these on? I need to order a set up. Im in the process of moving this weekend so next week ill put in a order.

These mount between the hitch and the "frame", so the hitch will have to be 1/4" lower.

Can they be used for every lift you have or do they have their limits for a maximum lift?

Because when i see the pictures i can imagine that they do great for a 4.5 or 6 inch lift max but if you have a bigger lift like the leafs from big offroad they can give problems when you flex or not? I think that the drop will be enormous when you have a big lift. Does somebody have suggestions? Could you get some driveline problems when you flex too the max with a big lift and relocation brackets?

Hope somebody could help me because i like those bracket a lot.

As long as you are running an xj shcakle you shouldn't have any problems running these.

OK I need to speak up here; I noticed several issues when I installed these brackets.
I was running 4.5 RE springs, RE boomerangs with 1.5” of blocks. When I installed the relocations brackets I went to RE 5.5 springs, removed 1’ of blocks and set my shackles at 45*.
I am very pleased with the outcome and would recommend this mod to everyone. Although my pinion angle now is too high and when I measurer my shock mounts the forward or passenger side is an inch shorter than the driver side. When you lower the rear of a spring it will rotate the pinion up and change your shock mounting lengths it’s just plan geometry.
This is a great kit just be aware you may need to adjust your pinion angle and relocate your lower shock mounts.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone please keep in mind anytime you change the rear suspension it might be necesary to shim your pinion.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone please keep in mind anytime you change the rear suspension it might be necesary to shim your pinion.

Hey brain how much height do these add to the suspension exactly? I may want to throw these on my rig in the future.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Depending on the angle you pick and the length of the shackle used its .75-1.5 inches.

Depending on the angle you pick and the length of the shackle used its .75-1.5 inches.

Cool thanks man!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

OK I need to speak up here; I noticed several issues when I installed these brackets.
I was running 4.5 RE springs, RE boomerangs with 1.5” of blocks. When I installed the relocations brackets I went to RE 5.5 springs, removed 1’ of blocks and set my shackles at 45*.
I am very pleased with the outcome and would recommend this mod to everyone. Although my pinion angle now is too high and when I measurer my shock mounts the forward or passenger side is an inch shorter than the driver side. When you lower the rear of a spring it will rotate the pinion up and change your shock mounting lengths it’s just plan geometry.
This is a great kit just be aware you may need to adjust your pinion angle and relocate your lower shock mounts.

has anyone else had this problem im really thinking of buying a pair

This is the first person I have seen that actually had a problem with the pinion angle.

My pinion angle has increased from this. I have zero problems related to this bracket and my pinion angle. My problem was I let a company weld on my spring perches(before i got my welder) and the fella measured it in a parking lot with a slope and didn't adjust it and I didn't say anything. That being said I still have no issues with it.

Finally got around to installing these, I was worried about putting the rear up too much. It somehow leveled it out! my angle went from 90* to 35*. Before the back sat up WAY higher then the front. With the angle at 35* it leveled it out. Hey Brianho13, what would the con be running the 35* instead of the 45*? Would that do the anti squat more? Im at about 6.5- 7" in the rear and was running a 10 inch travel shock. Now it is holding me back what looks to be 3-4 inches of travel! Im not sure yet to get the bilsterin 5150s like up front in the 12" or would that not be enough up travel? Hard to take a compressed measurement, springs are stiff

35 will just give you a tad less down travel. Not sure I can answer the rest of your questions hopefuly someone else with a similar setup will chime in.

Back