• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Dan, I have enough flooring to do your camper left over from my project. Yours for a 12pack of Miller Lite at WF. :dunno:

The Red Rocket is officially sold as of this morning...left at 6:50 AM.....

All this trailer bearing talk has made me decide to get mine serviced before WF, who know when the last time they were done. I know I haven't ever done them

I do mine every year if it needs it or not. My trailer is going into my shop this week for a once over and some new shiney black paint.

Cheese "has had more then one wheel come off and pass me" Man

Dan, what brake controller did you go with?

I may not pull the hubs apart, but I do at least jack the trailer and check the tires for wobble. My pop-up camper made 3 trips from Chicago to Moab, as well as numerous trips from Chicago into Michigan on the original bearings. I replaced them last summer just on general principles. Once I drag the flat bed out of storage, I'll check the bearings, I didn't have the opportunity last fall after 3,600 miles round trip.

Okay..... IIRC PDANet isn't an 802.11[bg] hotspot, it's a BlueTooth connection or a USB connection. In some ways, that's a good thing, you don't have to worry too much about the connection being used by someone else. No reason to use it at home unless it's your only Internet connection, but it would be very usable on the road.

this will be the first year I fully go through my trailer. bought it new in 08 and have had great luck so far. tires still look good.

putting a new brake controller in the Ram (they're not getting any cheaper), and some helper springs (as soon as the UPS gets them here).

I had some hardwood flooring in the cart last night for the camper, reason ended up winning out over bling before I made it out of the store.

what kind of springs? does the Ram have a 4.7? interested in hearing how it does with the camper/trailer/jeep combo.

that reminds me of someone that used to be on here that lost the entire spindle in Tellico.

good times on the side of a two lane mountain road.

Your idea of fun and mine differ considerably. :D

Question:
P0122 (TPS/Switch A Circuit Low Input)
P1694 (Fault In Companion Module)

After banging some drifts to get out of the driveway (125yrds). I pull into the gas station 10 min later to get something to drink and leave it running while I go in. I come out and it shut off. Go to crank in the "On" position and only the odometer and oil pressure gauges come off of zero. Normally everything comes off of their rest position. It cranks well, no spark, no fuel. Pump is good (I have a jumper switch wired as a primer). So its not telling it to spark or run the pump in the crank position.

So I'm thinking the ASD relay, TPS, maybe CPS (ugh, it's two years old and an OEM part) and possibly bad cluster.

Before I start a thread, any quick input?
Sounds like you should let it dry out a bit before doing anything... maybe check some grounds and fuses, swap relays around. Water and vibration = something went wrong, but most likely temporarily.

Thanks Ken, that's what I'm hoping too. It's still been sitting at the Shell where I always get gas so they were alright with it being there overnight. Did some troubleshooting last night, nothing concrete yet.

interested in hearing how it does with the camper/trailer/jeep combo.

Me too.
The Ram is a 1/2 ton isn't it Dan?

Everyone listen up if you order a helicoil KIT it doesn't include a drill bit.........
And it's *VERY* important to use the right drill bit. Too small, and you may break the Helicoil tap, too large, and you'll get a very weak fix.

Everyone listen up if you order a helicoil KIT it doesn't include a drill bit.........
Huh, that's kind of a rip off......you'd think "KIT" means well,.....KIT.

Huh, that's kind of a rip off......you'd think "KIT" means well,.....KIT.
<shrug> Probably the fact that a lot of folks who use these thread repair kits also have very complete sets of drills and don't need to duplicate that. Us hobbyists, not so much.

<shrug> Probably the fact that a lot of folks who use these thread repair kits also have very complete sets of drills and don't need to duplicate that. Us hobbyists, not so much.

Fugger at NAPA told me the KIT has every thing I need.....not so much.

Back