• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Does it look like this?

hidden_hitch_brake_controllers.jpg

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/65A3371A0A0.aspx?kc=ffproduct

My truck came with a 1995 vintage Tekonsha Voyager (IIRC). It works, but when we get the new to us camper this spring I'll probably be upgrading to a P3.

I had a P3 in my Expedition, but sold it 2 weeks before I bought my truck thinking I wouldn't need it anymore :doh: It was an awesome controller and the price has really come down from when I bought mine at their debut 2 years ago.

For aftermarket inertial controllers, I'd go with a Tekonsha P3 (used to be Prodigy.) Nothing else. You could try a BrakeSmart (taps into the hydraulics,) or a Jordan (cable activated off the brake pedal.)

I have a brake controller that I used in all tow rigs up to the f450, not a clue what kind it is...but it works just fine...the f450 has the factory ford controller...its titties and beer...

1 1/2 hours spent @ Club R. Its nice getting paid hourly.

Nice to hang...see ya next week!

I use the factory Ford integrated.

By far the best I have used.

Rev

^^^ This!

Dan use the one on the tahoe, put a four flat so you can swap it from car to car...only own one brake controller...save pennies...buy mac and grace nicers Wedding gift :)

mac 'get stopped' gyvr

Oh yeah, my F450 sits in the driveway and some how has a nice nasty dent in the drivers side rear just under the tail light...no clue how it happened...or when it happened...

It sat in a heated storage unit while we were in Cali so I wonder if it got hit in there...either way it pisses me off...

mac 'just can't have anything nice' gyvr

Was it a 35 on a steel beadlock at 70 mph?

That's still amazing that everyone made it through that with no injuries.

Hale "could have been much much worse" Yes

my new-to-me F250 has the same one as Brendan pictured. I picked up the GN I traded for today and the controller worked fine, but I liked the one in my Chevy much better....but cant remember what the make of it was. The GN is not a bad unit at all, but wont be making its debut to WF. Needs new tires and a good once over. The 18' car trailer will make yet another WF appearance.

Cheese "sold the Rocket, traded for a trailer and have a buyer for my D60 set up..all in the same day!" Man

comparison of proportional and time-delay

Cliff notes:
"A proportional (or pendulum) brake controller senses how quickly the tow vehicle is stopping and applies the same amount of braking power to the trailer. With a Time Delayed (or solid state) brake controller when you step on the vehicle brakes a predetermined amount of braking power is sent to the trailer and then there is a delay as the unit ramps up to full braking power."

I have been pleased with the Tekonsha Prodigy P2 in the Ram.

Well, I know which brake controller i'm getting........:D better find a truck and a ton of money first :dunno:

In other news the jeep is spending the night on jackstands. Changed the shoes, wheel cylinders and soft line on the rear axle, only to crack the brakeline where it meets the soft line. Should be fun fitting 15ft of brakelines in the tracker tomorrow! :D I'm kinda glad that I got around to changing them before WF because I was nearly without rear brakes anyways.

I always plan on cracking every hardline I touch on the jeep... those flare nuts really love to seize to the tube.

Have a Tekonsha Voyager (proportional) in the truck. Works great for me. Freebie from a friend. If I towed more, I'd likely get a Prodigy but, for now the Voyager works.

I always plan on cracking every hardline I touch on the jeep... those flare nuts really love to seize to the tube.

Eh, its a KY jeep, it wasn't too bad other than the hardlines looking awful. Oh well, better it failed in the garage than with the camper in tow or on the trail.

In other news the jeep is spending the night on jackstands... crack the brakeline where it meets the soft line.
Same thing happened to me tonight. Damn the luck!

My customers are amased when I show them a rusted out hard brakeline, then you mess with one, & the other one blows, than you fix that & the fuel line starts leaking. Just love living in the salt belt, NOT.

Back