• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fat City rebuilds Austin Stobaugh's Jeepespeed part 2

Ryan got the front cross member, bumper mounts and Currie Anti-Rock tied together:

The old mounts were just a tad crooked and didnt tie into anything that would support a hard nerf.
IMG_2981.jpg

New stuff:
IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

Closed up the tube so it doesnt collect sand/mud/water...
IMG_3115.jpg

Last edited:
We decided to change the door bars to be more effective to the "chassis design" as well as protect the passenger a little better.

The last cage broke apart because there was nothing transfering load from the front of the car to the back.

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

Last edited:
its like a sway bar that gives. basically a big torsion bar to help with body roll but still lets the axles articulate independently.

now... can someone please educate me. what is the technology behind the antirock swaybar? what exactly does it do and how does it work? ive seen a few of them run on rigs in here.
Not much technology there at all, like Mike said, it's just a torsion bar. What allows people to still flex and run them is the leverage the arm puts on the bar itself. Further out you go on the arm, the more flex you get, but the less roll resistance as well.

Both rear spring hangers/mounts were waisted. The passenger side broke a bolt at the last race and the spring went thru the floor. I think every J/S has the same hole where thats happened at one time or another.

The driver side had come loose at some point in it's life and was 3/4" hole instead of a 9/16"...

Ryan cut all the O.E. sheet metal mount out of there. Plated the sides and bottoms of the frame. He'll run a hole saw thru the bottom to access the nut.

DSC00191.jpg

I laughed when I saw him running a 3" holes saw thru 3/8" plate, but it went surprisingly fast...

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Almost ready for the new Currie Ent. fabbed 9 housing and fresh Currie 9+ 3rd member.
DSC00194.jpg

very nice work! good idea for the spring hanger repair... i have been looking at doing something like that just for the sake of reinforcement and access to that nut inside the frame... and that rear end makes me think dirty thoughts

My spring hanger is in almost the same shape, minus the spring coming loose and putting a hole in the floor. I couldn't believe how much it moves around once it starts to fatigue - you can see the inside floor board move when standing on the door sill and rocking the jeep with the door open.

Nice work again guys, keep it up! :thumbup:

Back