• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj to an mj

740718_10200328388112827_750997859_o.jpg

:thumbup:

oh no! you did shock towers, they're going to fold like a taco! :D

looks great man. have you tried completely flexing the rear? curious if the springs hit the frame and tires when fully flexed. have a feeling i already know the answer lol

vanimal, i don't know if you looked at the pics of the rear frame rails, i actually backhalfed from the leaf spring mount back, i built new rails from .188 plate that actually has a narrowed section to allow the coilover to come over far enough so it doesnt rub at full flex. Was thinking ahead and made plenty of adjustablilty just n case but it turned out perfect. at full flex it has .250 of clearance between tire and coil and .250 clearance between coil and shock tower/ frame rail. thanks for the concern but its all worked out. just need to cap the back and run a tube from the top of tower into the corner of the rear x as a upward reinforcment. did you notice the crossbar and torque box i built under the the shock tower that ties it all in with the new rails and tube work and the frame stiffeners as well as the rear x and the outer sliders.. dont think it will budge already jumped it at 50 as is no problems// will do further testing/ destruction here on the 20th.. stay tuned lol..

i posted a pic of the dog leg in the rails. ill cap the bottem of the rails soon..
12192_10200146539606728_586147111_n.jpg

vanimal, i don't know if you looked at the pics of the rear frame rails, i actually backhalfed from the leaf spring mount back, i built new rails from .188 plate that actually has a narrowed section to allow the coilover to come over far enough so it doesnt rub at full flex. Was thinking ahead and made plenty of adjustablilty just n case but it turned out perfect. at full flex it has .250 of clearance between tire and coil and .250 clearance between coil and shock tower/ frame rail. thanks for the concern but its all worked out. just need to cap the back and run a tube from the top of tower into the corner of the rear x as a upward reinforcment. did you notice the crossbar and torque box i built under the the shock tower that ties it all in with the new rails and tube work and the frame stiffeners as well as the rear x and the outer sliders.. dont think it will budge already jumped it at 50 as is no problems// will do further testing/ destruction here on the 20th.. stay tuned lol..

i posted a pic of the dog leg in the rails. ill cap the bottem of the rails soon..
12192_10200146539606728_586147111_n.jpg
ooohhh yeaaa, forgot you did your own frame rails. nice. i didnt mess with mine so the coils just barely kiss the tires when fully flexed. not enough to screw with anything, but over time it has rubbed a little of the paint off.
i was just kidding about the folding like a taco comment, i got a bunch of crap when i built my shock towers instead of tubular shock hoops, but it's been holding up fine.
6896888930_31a73bef3e_b.jpg

Totally man, looks good.. I noticed yours are mounting much more towards the centerline of the jeep, I had to go forward to keep them out of the bed.. Ended up with more of a prerunner setup than a crawler. I'm very happy with it so far. just need to get it fully loaded so i can the wieghts and get all the shocks valved and coils sorted out.. im way to stiff in the front.
555227_10200356765622247_988244193_n.jpg

did some much need stiffing of the cagework in the front

looks like you have some wicked ds plunge. I'm guessing that's a temp rear shaft?

This thing is really sick. Im more into the jeepspeed type stuff, but the fab work on yours is really well done, and the attention to detail is great.

Yes it is def a temp ds... Thank you man.. Yea we are building a jeepspeed here soon for next season.. pretty excited for that.. Yea should be tearing it apart in the next to weekends to rap up the minor details and paint the underside then i will flatbed it to where i work and use the booth to spray the bedliner on the interior and exterior.. :):)

Back