• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Cruise Control 01 XJ

Do be advised that they are not all the same. The 97/98 switches will not work with an '01 PCM. Lots of threads here documenting this. Ran into it myself when I fitted mine...

Parts needed:
Switches for the steering wheel.
Air bag (97/98).
Clock Spring.
CC Servo.

Air Bag. If your XJ has the plastic blanking plates installed, this is not required. I do not, off the top of my pointy head, remember when the change was made for sure.

Recommended:
Salvage the CC Servo electrical connector from the Donor Vehicle as the one under the hood has, in all probability, corroded beyond use.

Sorry to hijack dude

Do be advised that they are not all the same. The 97/98 switches will not work with an '01 PCM. Lots of threads here documenting this. Ran into it myself when I fitted mine...

Parts needed:
Switches for the steering wheel.
Air bag (97/98).
Clock Spring.
CC Servo.

Air Bag. If your XJ has the plastic blanking plates installed, this is not required. I do not, off the top of my pointy head, remember when the change was made for sure.

Recommended:
Salvage the CC Servo electrical connector from the Donor Vehicle as the one under the hood has, in all probability, corroded beyond use.

I have an 01 that lacks the cruise control too. Its kind of been a back burner thing, but this winter might be a good time to accumulate parts and get it done.

O gauge- I have the blank plastic pieces on both sides of my steeringwheel, so all i'd need is switches, clock spring and CC servo? sounds easier than I thought...

Like I said, salvage the connector as yours will be trashed... Same thing applies it fitting the Overhead Console, Grab the connector for the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor.

Good news on that particular connector is any Chrysler product in the same year range will work. All the same...

So will the sensor come to think of it.

I have fitted both on my Heap. Easy Peasy.

My overhead console temp connector worked surprisingly. Here's to hoping the cruise control connector will to. I'll have a look when I get home.

Are you guys just cutting off the connector from the donor to splice in or can you disconnect a part of the wiring harness?

I can't even find the servo connector in the wiring harness. Is it possible my 01 doesn't have the servo connector? I am looking behind the battery and next to the fuse box on passenger side. Nothing.

I spliced around 6" of the donor harness into mine. Just make sure to solder and shrink tube it...

The connector for the Servo will be there. May be tucked under the PDC. All of the option connectors are in the harness whether or not the option if fitted.

One of the things Chrysler got right. Make only one harness and add "sub" harnesses as required such as the one on the full overhead console.

Back