• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 2WD AX15 (or trade my bumper that's for sale)

xj_mike

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good, working condition AX15 tranny from a 2WD rig. I have this for another project (not Jeep related) and this may work well. Ideally a '92-'99 but for the right deal, an earlier one will be fine. Don't need the bell housing, just the tranny/shifter. If you have the yoke for it, that would be a bonus.

Am willing to trade this bumper for the tranny as well.

PICT3853.jpg

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Still looking for a 2WD trans!

Bump... still looking.

is your a 4x4 trans? which one do you have in your white xj.

My white XJ is a 4x4 but I need this 2WD one for a completely different project. Nothing to do with Jeeps.

oh ok, i was thinking about trading you my 2wd ax-15 if you had one to give me. I wasn't sure if you had one that needed to be rebuilt etc.

Keep looking you fraudulent seller. You should be ashamed of yourself, asking for a ax15 transmission like you are. It's not even for a JEEP?! This is an XJ only site, buddy. I don't know where you get off! I was going to drive 5 mins to come check out the bumper and maybe bring over a tranny, too, but you didn't tell me it was for a non-xj project. I'm hoping management see's past my butt-hurt, pantyhose in a bunch childish rant, and takes away your membership.

Keep looking you fraudulent seller. You should be ashamed of yourself, asking for a ax15 transmission like you are. It's not even for a JEEP?! This is an XJ only site, buddy. I don't know where you get off! I was going to drive 5 mins to come check out the bumper and maybe bring over a tranny, too, but you didn't tell me it was for a non-xj project. I'm hoping management see's past my butt-hurt, pantyhose in a bunch childish rant, and takes away your membership.

hahaha!!!! I wouldn't want your AX15 anyways you bum. I know you threw dirt in it. :D

Thanks for the laugh Brian! ... now back to work.

oh ok, i was thinking about trading you my 2wd ax-15 if you had one to give me. I wasn't sure if you had one that needed to be rebuilt etc.

Thanks for the thought. Ya, I am looking to put an OD manual trans into my '65 C10 and AX15's are stronger and have better gear ratios than T5's.

Thanks for the thought. Ya, I am looking to put an OD manual trans into my '65 C10 and AX15's are stronger and have better gear ratios than T5's.

thats what I was thinking you were thinking. Good idea :cheers:

Lots of junkyard replacements, too, I'll bet.

Hey, check with "livin'thedream" on here. He's over by me, in el cajon. His name is Guy. He was parting out a truck just recently. I could totally meet you at his place and help pull it if he has what you're looking for.

Just a thought.

Thanks for think of it. I am definitely finding that 2WD ones are not "as" common as 4x4 trans. I have found listings on the auto recycler places, just figured if someone was parting out a 2WD and knew a little bit of the history, it might be a better deal than just "picking one out" of the junkyard. :D

to help widen your search, 92-96 dodge dakota's have ax-15 4x2 trannys..

Cool, thanks for the tip!

I have a 4wd AX15 sitting in my garage that I don't need, if you want to swap the 4wd AX15 with your 2wd AX15 I can work something out with Mike. Lemme know.

Also, if you're doing a full blown 4wd swap, I have a complete drivetrain with all the lines, clutch masters, etc for the swap including a 231 you can come yank out.

Cool guys. Let me know if something can be worked out.

BTW, just incase someone would need/want it, I am pulling out a SM465 4 speed with the granny first. I know many rock crawlers like these. Could be had as a trade... once I get it removed and swapped in with another trans. :D

Back