• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windrock ride

Is there a close campground that actually has shower facilities? Or does the parkin' lot one have that? For some reason, I like to clean up after wheelin' all day. Must be gettin' old :mad:

I guess we are Darlin...there is a campground that has facilities a few miles from the trails so I might get around to calling today about that...

So does this mean your gonna come down and spot me on the trails... :kissyou:

I'll probably come down. Been wanting to hit Rattlerock for a loooonnngggg time. Anybody else game? I've only seen pics, so I'm not sure how good or bad it is.

I may try to make it up from Cleveland. Don't know about the camping, but maybe. Any of you ever ride trail #28? Rode it my last time up and it's pretty rough now. Definitely not rattlerock, but pretty tough.

I have no clue on that Sean...This will be my first time up there....I figured that you wanted to take on Rattlerock though.....

i dont think rattlerock would be passible with out a minimal of a 38 its not that bad at the bottom but the farther you go the harder it gets it usuly takes one person all or half the day to get up it BUT ITS FUN TO WATCH :roll:

I guess the question is- Will anybody nut up and run it with me? If nobody does, what's the possiblity of getting rescue (severely broken) help to get the heep out of there? Ya know, kinda like lower 2 a few months ago :mad:

You know we'll come get ya out Sean and I would run with ya but I don't have a winch so that sort of leaves me out...:wave:

OneTonXJ said:
I guess the question is- Will anybody nut up and run it with me? If nobody does, what's the possiblity of getting rescue (severely broken) help to get the heep out of there? Ya know, kinda like lower 2 a few months ago :mad:

I got a line on same 38 tsl's you think the 4 popper could even turn them over? lol!

nope...i doubt it...I know I would need a winch so I am totally out on that...of course the is suppose to be a recon ride to see what all is there...

Ghost said:
I got a line on same 38 tsl's you think the 4 popper could even turn them over? lol!

Convert your junk over to 8 lug and I'll let ya run my old SX's (best tire ever made, IMHO) :laugh3:

OneTonXJ said:
I'm going to Dayton Tenn. labor day weekend to ride (what I've been told) some very nasty stuff. If I have no major carnage, I'll go. I've ridden rattlerock several times, it's nasty. 38's would be a minimum , a non-cromo'd d44 will be blowing up shafts left and right. The rocks there have great traction, there are just deep holes in the boulders. The last time I ran it, it took me and a buddy about and hour or two, but I have spent several hours on it before. I'll ride it and if ya break I'll do whatever to get ya out. Nice thing about the trail is a "turn out" half way through. Also there is a service road that is visable from the trail that a truck and trailer can get up (been there done it, many times). Here's a couple of pics of the lower section of the trail before the turn out, it only gets worse from here.The trail hangs a left and goes up through the woods behind the camera guy in the pic.
DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

I've had some people tell me about some nasty junk in Dayton. I was told it's private land. I hope ya don't bust up as I'd love to run the trail with someone that's been there before. Looks like a blast.

That my friend is beautiful!

I would be interested in ridding with you all at windrock, if I am off of work. Rode there yesterday and rolled my heep. I know afew other xj owners that would probably come as well.

And One Ton, we have rescued a many of folks off of rattle rock before.
Brent

Whats all this "rescue" talk, I thought the plan was to make it through Rattlerock in record time so we could actually hit more than one obstacle(unlike Tellico)

Back