• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you guys buy Steel?

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Need to go buy some Steel Tube to make rock sliders. The closer to Seattle the better.

I take railroad tracks...have about 4 15ft sections in the backyard right now!

Muddy Beast said:
I take railroad tracks...have about 4 15ft sections in the backyard right now!

let me just weld those on to my jeep, My unibody will luv me.

I usually get it from Everett Steel.
When I lived further South I used the Steel place in Kirkland (Can't remember the name for the life of me?).

Either way I would call around the yellow pages and get quotes and decide from there. From my limited experience the on-line places have been significantly more expensive with shipping for "normal" off the shelf products like what I assume you are looking for but have better priceing for the "not so normal" stuff like DOM and odd sizing.

Michael

2xtreme said:
When I lived further South I used the Steel place in Kirkland (Can't remember the name for the life of me?).

Michael

Graham Steel off 124th in Totem Lake? They closed down a few years ago, now its an extended lot for the Toyota Dealership.

-Alex

Check out specialty metals in kent right off of 84th. they have a rem store, and decent prices. I work at a steel shop in kent, and MAY be able to get you cost plus 10%. We dont deal with DOM, though. Matter of fact, half the stuff I've wanted we havent had and I had to order it.

Avanteone said:
Give me a chance to beat any pricing you find on DOM. The last big buy I did had a couple guys drive down from Everett, it was that good of a deal.

J

will do. Do you still have those rocker replacements from your XJ, or did you already sell those?

Back