• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's your favorite tool?

My Fluke 88-V, hands down favorite tool and I use it about 10 times a day at the shop.

Victorinox Swisstool Multitool.
Saves me many trips back to the tool chest, especially at work. Good quality, heavy duty construction.
At home, a good quality, 240V welder is worth investing in.

My newest tool that I am really enjoying, an impact wobble joint, not cheap from sears but worth every penny after the first few uses. I now want a full set of wobble impact sockets!

My newest tool that I am really enjoying, an impact wobble joint, not cheap from sears but worth every penny after the first few uses. I now want a full set of wobble impact sockets!

a word of warning. those work great, but do NOT accidentally pull that trigger when the socket is not FULLY seated on a nut or bolt. the wobble part causes centrifugal force to take over and it WILL become a missile. I've personally witnessed a 1/2" drive 7/8" wobble impact socket break someone's jaw.

as I said they work great just be aware they are much more dangerous than normal sockets.

My daughter. She makes it so I never have to climb out from under the jeep everytime I need a different tool. She's trained to fetch wrenches, grinders and even push the welding cart around :D

favorite- my tube bender

most useful- BFH

most entertaining- Vanimal .!.:D.!.

My daughter. She makes it so I never have to climb out from under the jeep everytime I need a different tool. She's trained to fetch wrenches, grinders and even push the welding cart around :D
I am pretty sure child labor laws prohibit this sort of thing :laugh3:

Does she know how to fetch beers?

Its a learning experience...she's learning tools and their uses(or that almost anything can double as a hammer) :)

And yes she's good at getting beers too. Sometimes she just knows when one is empty and gets one without being asked haha

Ratchet wrenches get used more than anything. Full sized and stubbys.

Angle grinder or Dremel solves problems.

I really like my 25" long 1/2" drive flex head ratchet though. It's almost always enough leverage to break loose stubborn bolts at home, but you don't have to keep repositioning like a traditional breaker bar.

Air wise I use a Snap-On MG325 3/8" Impact at work. The reduced size and weight makes a big difference at the end of the day, and I can only remember one car with lug nuts too tight in the past year that I had to borrow a 1/2" impact. Oh and the digital air chuck.

a word of warning. those work great, but do NOT accidentally pull that trigger when the socket is not FULLY seated on a nut or bolt. the wobble part causes centrifugal force to take over and it WILL become a missile. I've personally witnessed a 1/2" drive 7/8" wobble impact socket break someone's jaw.

as I said they work great just be aware they are much more dangerous than normal sockets.

Good reminder thanks, it can be easy to forget just how much power is behind these air tools. I would not want to get hit in the face with a flying impact socket :conceited .

The first time I let my noob buddy use my 3/8 ir with a wobble he let it go full blast. Thank god the keeper ring is tight as.a teenager.

Back