• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned at WinterFest 2013

Barbie jeep races are fun to watch

Wheeling open/open is a good time

Black cherry shine is amazing

The MWC is a very friendly bunch

I look forward to it every year

Hoping to actually be ready next year ahead of time

True story:
Fri Evening I got bad to Danville to sleep and when I got to the turn off on Lynch Rd to go to the Hotel, I observed this poor OTR driver all crossed up in the intersection. I knew that if I simply stayed put, he would work it out, so I threw it in park and waited (not everyone was so nice to him).

I was rewarded by him rolling down the window as he passed going the other way, thanking me profusely for waiting. He pointed to my Jeep and told me that he has one like it at home. To prove it he presented a 6X5 picture out the window of his beloved Lifted XJ for me to admire...

You never know where you will meet an XJ enthusiast :)

Other than that, I was reminded that the guys I wheeled with 10 years ago are still fun to wheel with, and that the folks I usually see at AVF are fun to follow around too :D

I still don't get the obsession with NG Spotted Cow by out of State folks :dunno: Perhaps they can only find Coors or Miller Lite to drink (Brat Beer :D). Perhaps filtered Lake Michigan, and filtered Mississippi River water makes poor beer. Perhaps in Madison, we are spoiled with 5 craft breweries within a 40 mile radius and more if you increase the radius by another 50 :D

Last edited:
1. JJ for President of the USA!

2. I don't remember Jack Wood from 7 years ago...I think I'll remember him now...at least the name.

3. I believe that I know who is who between Samset and Rewster.

4. There are two Neals/Neils...I knew this.

5. I know where Rev's run...is run...

6. JJ for President of the USA!

7. Dan's rig was spoiled in an enclosed trailer.

8. Two guys is one too many on the dinette bed.

9. The turn signal lever on Pat's bus...is not the tilt lever.

10. What happens in Attica...apparently doesn't stay in Attica.

11. JJ for President of the USA!

12. I've brought the same tow rig/trailer set up for two years...next year with the same will be a new personal record.

13. Everyone still loves a Jack and Diet Dr. Pepper.

14. The father of my child is not the mailman...she is a woman.

15. You can bring as much food as you want to fix...and still eat at McDonald's three or four times.

16. JJ for President of the USA!

17. We may not be Facebook friends because I don't know your real name.

18. Wheeler likes to toast his bagel until the smoke alarm in the trailer goes off.

19. Winterfest is always a blast no matter what you bring or don't bring to wheel.

20. Mud puddles are cold with no windshield.

21. JJ for President of the USA!

22. Levi has wood in the middle of nowhere down a very dirty road.

23. Winterfest takes so long to get here and goes by so fast.

24. Dan Wheeler is color blind.

mac 'another year in the books!' gyvr

1. Don't stop in East St. Louis on the way to Winterfest.
2. MWC is full of awesome people. Especially the guys from Pleasantville.
3. A warm couch in a trailer is more comfortable than a cold back seat in a truck with a blown out window.
4. You can break your rig climbing really big rocks.
5. A 5.3 in a 79 Cherokee sounds awesome and works well.
6. Breaking your ring and pinion early on Saturday isn't the way to wheel at winterfest.

lol@mac!

25. No one apparently missed my Mohawk...

mac 'no one peep about it' gyvr

I noticed but thought there was a reason that I missed some where on here. I missed the pop can more than the hawk anyways...

It's the little things that matter most...Like hub flange thickness.
I need to get my tires balanced.
I like riding shotgun more than wheeling, it's less tiresome.
Best folks evah.
A 0-degree sleeping bag would have done wonders.
Gas mileage really takes a hit when you run your Jeep to stay warm through the night.
Cans of beer make excellent IEDs.

I noticed. Thought about it on the trail when you were behind us on Rev's Run. I was gonna say something, but I forgot.

Cans of beer make excellent IEDs.

I was discussing this very instance last night with one of my caver friends. That was one of the most awesome things to have witnessed when that can came rocketing out of the fire. Self-propelled beer grenade if I ever saw one.

Re: Re: What I learned at WinterFest 2013

I was discussing this very instance last night with one of my caver friends. That was one of the most awesome things to have witnessed when that can came rocketing out of the fire. Self-propelled beer grenade if I ever saw one.

I had no idea they would do that. I just didnt want to hear dan bitch about me leaving busch beer in his cooler. Note to self, bring an extra case of cheap beer for next year.:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363310957.647309.jpg
Pic is for Dan...

JJ...leave them I have people that will drink them...

mac 'sorry if pic offends you' gyvr

Re: Re: What I learned at WinterFest 2013

View attachment 4123
Pic is for Dan...

JJ...leave them I have people that will drink them...

mac 'sorry if pic offends you' gyvr

Lol...your people are my kind of people. Now this dan guy, im not so sure about him. :confused::D

That's the rest of the beer you left in dans cooler...

mac 'didn't last long around here' gyvr

Back