• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your local gun range charge?

the range I shoot at is 60$ a year, or 20$ a day.

most here are more expensive than that. I have seen memberships upwards of 200$ a year, daily shooting rates are high too.

the desert is free though.

Our 'ranges' don't charge a dime.

Mainly because they're owned by folks who cobble together some tables, pile up some dirt for a bank and drive 4x4s in the ground and screw a pieces of ply wood to it.

I pay 75.00 a year for mine...

the desert is free though.

Or is it....

Normally I would rather shoot out on my own in the middle of nowhere. I really don't like shooting around other people but here in Utah we have two issues. Idiot target shooters and ultra high fire danger. The state forester has banned target shooting in most of the counties around this area. That means I spend $120 on two tanks of gas to get out in an area with no restrictions or I suck it up, pay my $6 and go to the range that's 10 miles away.

That's actually what got me thinking about what others are paying.

Or is it....

Normally I would rather shoot out on my own in the middle of nowhere. I really don't like shooting around other people but here in Utah we have two issues. Idiot target shooters and ultra high fire danger. The state forester has banned target shooting in most of the counties around this area. That means I spend $120 on two tanks of gas to get out in an area with no restrictions or I suck it up, pay my $6 and go to the range that's 10 miles away.

That's actually what got me thinking about what others are paying.

I can drive about an hour to get to a spot where I can shoot. most places are crawling with border patrol, but they will usually just stop by tell you where they will be and ask that you not shoot at them.

if I really want to get out where nobody is, another 30 minutes. not in the summer though.

My front yard is free.

:D

I go to public ranges that are free also.

One range is 35 miles away and is free. One is 5 miles away and $6 an hour and the other is about 15 miles away and $3.

I want to say the indoor ranges in my area are 5$/hr? I dunno, I know one of the guys who works at the nearest one and doesn't charge me to use the range, only for ammo if needed.
One range is 35 miles away and is free. One is 5 miles away and $6 an hour and the other is about 15 miles away and $3.
Love your avatar! Because, everybody knows that the BIRD is the WORD!

Closest indoor range is $15.00/hr list, but they don't enforce the "hour" part. As long as there's not a line, you can pretty much shoot as long as you want. If you get bored, they can rent you a machine gun.

Back