• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Did you ever get your rig running correctly?
Working on it. I absolutely hate the ignition system on the 00-01. Now that I'm swapped to an HO, I'm mid process on pulling out the PCM and engine harness and going to a distributor, PCM, coil, etc from a 98. I hope to have nothing left from the 00-01s except fpr the body by the time I'm done with this thing.

I've had that from day one, after every change, every wheeling trip, my steering wheel is off. No matter how much bracing I do it does it.
Mine doesn't change. It stays toght. I just suck at adjusting the wheel. I always end up screwing up by giving one side too much throw, etc. Lol

Lets see..

Been a bad month:
Leaving some specific details out.
Some of this is paid for, other was just taken back and covered under warranty, just for the heck of it:
Replaced
TPS, IAC, wires, cap, rotor, CPS, distributor pick-up,
ignition coil (this had it running for a day) and finally a new PCM.
My son questioned bad gas, so he added injector cleaner and octane booster, just for sh!ts and giggles....

But it runs now. Just scared to leave town.

Picked up a new PCM. Had it running good for a day, then it started studdering to a stall. My son was messing around with it until it stalled out, and now he is telling me there is smoke. I asked him if it was smoke or steam? And he is not sure. I will be replacing spark plugs on Wed. Getting some severe missing before she stalled out. Heading back to check the wiring and grounds.

Working on a lift install
9c1c4be18a276bad5f64f9ff8ecf2967.jpg
93ddf83a979c30bdfac396be7c18b196.jpg
efa8aff5505bb9e4b98c81c414c85dd5.jpg

What did I do to my XJ today?

I stared at it. Waiting to meet up with Dustin to swap parts so I can get the bastard running after the motor and harness swap. I'm a sad panda ... this darn thing hasn't been running in months and there's all this awesome snow/mud to play in.

Finally got my gauges working again after they shut off 3 weeks ago. Turned out it was a corroded plug in my overhead console going to the Sentry remote lock system. Took way to long to figure it out. Just need to solve the water leaks into the cabin now.

Replaced my transmission cooler lines with rubber over engine lines. Cost $50 including tranny fluid. Looks and works awesome. My old lines had been spliced and repaired way too many times causing overheating.

I've wanted to go there so bad. I've seen some good wheeling pics from there

Get out there! There is much harder stuff I wouldn't be able to do in my little jeep also. Seems like that area is evolving, always something new I haven't seen. Its really fun area tho, Im lucky its only 30 minutes from my house

Pulled and replaced the harmonic balancer trying to kill a belt squeak. So far so good.

Yanked the coils and slammed the front end to the bumps. I was happy to find I have a decent amount of clearance for my ram to fit in amongst everything. It should be able to sit above the tie-rod too, so no loss of clearance.

72BDB58A-942D-43D5-B962-D641CDB16F84.jpg

Think of how good they would look on my jeep.... :wave:

i still have dreams of actually installing everything lol same guy had some rough stuff frame stiffeners for half of cost..... If i ever close on my house with my 1500sq ft garage ill be installing things .. i may even go grab them frame stiffeners and learn to weld lol

Back