• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Well I decided that seat heaters were more important then actually solving my death wobble
a641a59c31816a77ee46d239179b07c4.jpg

Any more info on the heaters?

Great pic of the rad designs product actually installed. Havent seen it installed in a factory bezel.

I bought this kit off eBay

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281380372657

At first they wouldn't work, I trouble shot it down to a faulty switch. I emailed the seller that the switch didn't work, he sent me an entire new set and said not to send anything back. After replacing the switch they work great. They don't heat up as fast as the oe seat heaters in my volvo, but it gets much warmer in the highest setting.

As far as the radesign shifter, it is awesome. I made a spacer out of 1/2" square. I am going to need one more 1/2" spacer to get it flush with the late model bezel. I also plan on fitting a hurst style shift nob to it.

Last edited:

At first they wouldn't work, I trouble shot it down to a faulty switch. I emailed the seller that the switch didn't work, he sent me an entire new set and said not to send anything back. After replacing the switch they work great. They don't heat up as fast as the oe seat heaters in my volvo, but it gets much warmer in the highest setting.

As far as the radesign shifter, it is awesome. I made a spacer out of 1/2" square. I am going to need one more 1/2" spacer to get it flush with the late model bezel. I also plan on fitting a hurst style shift nob to it.

Looks awesom man. Thanks for the info

Hey Ben Did you check Amazon? :gee:

Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kit Hi/Lo Setting 3 Years USA Warranty - 2 Seats https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D2LIRG/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_0FCnwbAX9Y2Z3

Threw another set of new wires, cap, and rotor in...

Still won't run. Fuel pressure is at 50 psi, if it starts up...
Drops to 42 psi with an acceleration bump.

Next?

PCM???/

I spent the last couple weekends installing some much needed new parts, oil pan gasket, rear main seal and rear locker. Also swapped in the gen II FR1 shifter from radesigns so now I have OD. works awesome. should be ready for after thanksgiving day snow run. also cured a death wobble issue with a caster adjustment.

Made a bracket to hold my brake light switch in place
82d65c6de7240e1eb468ab8426985695.jpg

I must have taken to much off the wj booster rod so my switch would pop out of place. Tested for a few days and haven't had any issues with lights since!

Feeling like burning it down. Code 27 can suck my :-· Yeah so I soldered in a new injector plug changed my injectors around and swapped back to my stock computer. Cap rotor wires and plugs all new this weekend and Damn it code 27 has killed my #1 cylinder.

Checked compression cold and had 95 lbs give or take 5 lbs no greater gap the than 15.

Finally finished putting in new bearings, ball joints and anew shaft after my last shaft and joint both decided to grenade. After that I went back through and torqued everything down on the steering and got rid of a lot of slop that's been pissing me off. Of course, now my steering get wheels not center again. I still can never get that quite right ...

Finally finished putting in new bearings, ball joints and anew shaft after my last shaft and joint both decided to grenade. After that I went back through and torqued everything down on the steering and got rid of a lot of slop that's been pissing me off. Of course, now my steering get wheels not center again. I still can never get that quite right ...

Did you ever get your rig running correctly?

Back