• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

2012 ecoboost with tow package.
be51980144b999615c0ba4779cb939d3.jpg

I'm still towing with my old "Early" 7.3L 99 Powerstroke. At 90,000 miles its still a teenager and full of spunk! I added a 4" MBRP "Turbo-Back" exhaust, Hypertech tune and RiffRaff intake. I get 14 towing, 21 rolling light. Goose-neck hitch and air bagged, I'm thinking about ditching the tag-a-long for a real trailer.

IMG_20140920_170132_486.jpg

02 F250 7.3. DP tuner, S&B intake, stainless exhaust, new ford Trans with 6.0 cooler, riffraff intercooler boots, gauges, and some other stuff. About 13-14 towing.

1ee0d1357664219ab806cea7ccf1c5f9.jpg

Got the truck a month ago and just had the first chance to tow with it, almost 1000 miles roundtrip. Thing is a blast to drive and tows damn good in bone stock setup. I do plan to do some little adjustments to help it run better. I'm keeping an eye open for an exhaust brake setup too.

97 2500 RCLB 4x4 12V CTD NV4500/241DHD 3.55's
Goodies so far - 4" MBRP turbo back, silencer ring MIA, BHAF, triple gauges, tow mirrors

35kritc.jpg

Man times have changed a little. Truck has been turned up a little with typically goodies, I had a hybrid and now a s362 turbo. Stepped up the trailer game, really wanted a 30' but scored this 25' gooseneck. Next up is to find a slide on camper to mount on the front and make a nice crawler hauler.

11lihpz.jpg

Unfortunately you can not get a decent reliable pickup that has an inline 6 diesel.

Nice first post...care to back it up? I happen to have one of those unreliable inline six trucks. Been running over 40psi for over 100k miles(over 50psi lately), has never broke down. Closest I've come was noticing a waterpump leak at 280k miles, replaced it in 20 minutes. So tell me again how much my truck sucks? Lol

Nope, mine has a broken A pillar cover. Hardly the trucks fault, practicing my 4 wheel drifts and my pool cue case slid into it pretty hard.

We got a Suburban 2500 4x4 with the 8.1L and it has been great! It is really comfortable for the family and has all kinds of options we aren't used to, like heated leather seats, sunroof and Dvd player. it even fits a queen size air mattress in the back with the seats folded down.

I haven't kept a good track of the mileage since I usually go with the ignorance is bliss method. But we got like 8mpg with the Xj towing the XJ trailer so it has to be better than that!
I was a bit surprised that I wished I had the 4.10 gears when I towed with it over a steep mountain pass. Especially since it feels so peppy sans trailer, it is surprisingly responsive despite it's size!

Burban_zpsfujs6ers.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget to check your oil, my friend has the same motor in his pickup....uses a quart every 700 miles. Great motor for towing though.

Don't forget to check your oil, my friend has the same motor in his pickup....uses a quart every 700 miles. Great motor for towing though.

TRUTH!!

Mine is about a quart every 1,000 miles.

Great family hauler though.

Back