• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

Yup!
The sole reason I swapped to a larger truck was the suspension and brakes.

It gets treated like a cowboy Cadillac most of the time. But it handles fine under a heavy load.

I have a 5 by 10 trailer from before I bought the Dodge. Good for hauling motorcycles. I've gotten calls from friends at 3am when they break down.

If I need it. I can borrow a friends 2006 Dodge Ram 5500. Can also borrow a Ford F-750

It gets treated like a cowboy Cadillac most of the time. But it handles fine under a heavy load.

I have a 5 by 10 trailer from before I bought the Dodge. Good for hauling motorcycles. I've gotten calls from friends at 3am when they break down.

If I need it. I can borrow a friends 2006 Dodge Ram 5500. Can also borrow a Ford F-750

Yeah.
Thinking about it, the other thing I swapped the 1/2 ton out for was the trans. It was not up to the task of repeated, long distance, "heavy" towing.

Don't get me wrong though, 1/2tons are good trucks. Not like your trying to tow with a Dakota or Ranger or something. :laugh:

Love towing with my 05 6.0l f250

Can't even tell anything is back there most of the time.

jeepspeed3.jpg

Did you drive past 55 mph with the Uhaul trailer?

Did you drive past 55 mph with the Uhaul trailer?

i have never ever towed a uhual trailer faster than 55......

same way ive never jumped a rental car, or skipped school, or bought a come-a-long so i could use it and then return it.....

....we all know where this is going :D

it says 55 on each side, doesn't it? 2x55, you are fine.

i have never ever towed a uhual trailer faster than 55......

same way ive never jumped a rental car, or skipped school, or bought a come-a-long so i could use it and then return it.....

....we all know where this is going :D
I feel the roads are safer now. Thanks, :wow:

Yeah.
Thinking about it, the other thing I swapped the 1/2 ton out for was the trans. It was not up to the task of repeated, long distance, "heavy" towing.

Don't get me wrong though, 1/2tons are good trucks. Not like your trying to tow with a Dakota or Ranger or something. :laugh:

No, the scary one, was in 1995 (phoenix, AZ, I-10) when I tow my brother's 1974 Ford F-250 Super Cab, Long Bed, with a 1984 Subaru on a tow bar.

No, the scary one, was in 1995 (phoenix, AZ, I-10) when I tow my brother's 1974 Ford F-250 Super Cab, Long Bed, with a 1984 Subaru on a tow bar.
Can you please put a sticker with your username on everything you drive so I know to stay at least a mile away? It seems like you make really unsafe decisions on a regular basis.

97 Suburban 2500 454. Havnt towed my jeep yet, but towed my enclosed trailer pretty well

I am considering going this route because the burbs are cheap to come by. How do you like it overall, for power and fuel economy? I'd be switching from a duramax and I'm prepared for the mileage hit, I'm always curious to hear real world numbers though.

A truck payment buys a lot of fuel!

I am considering going this route because the burbs are cheap to come by. How do you like it overall, for power and fuel economy? I'd be switching from a duramax and I'm prepared for the mileage hit, I'm always curious to hear real world numbers though.

A truck payment buys a lot of fuel!

get a diesel paid for and enjoy the power...

mac 'my current goal' gyvr

Back