• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Got one of these coming on Monday....

susp_01.jpg

Last edited:
what are you putting the FF under? 60 or 14 bolt... looks like a 14.

Are ya gonna throw some 50 series slicks on whatever it is and rig the horn to play la cucaracha?

Bryson's build thread lists those as 3" OME's ..... Looking at pics of the OME leaves on their site..... No bends.

I'm gonna say those bends come from bad shackle angle putting down force on them.

so are you re-building a partially parted heep, or WTF?

But really, replacing front pinion seal and putting a PS cooler somewhere safe.

Kind of sketched about the pinion seal replacement, but I assume I'll be relatively safe counting the rotations and then going a little past when re-tightening. (anyone have any words from experience on this?)

The best way is to raise the axle, remove the drive shaft and tires. Then measure the rotational torque required to turn the axles. When you replace everything, torque the pinion down to the same rotational torque plus 3 inch/lbs. To do this you need a beam type inch/lb torque wrench.

Bryson's build thread lists those as 3" OME's ..... Looking at pics of the OME leaves on their site..... No bends.

I'm gonna say those bends come from bad shackle angle putting down force on them.

Na, Dutch is right. They're IRO 3.5" leafs which have a bend to them. I ditched the OME's a while ago. So far no issues, although I really need a traction bar (the OME's ended up forming an S).

IMG_9490.jpg

The shackle angle is great ass. ;) :guitar:

Back