• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Installed my belly skid from tnt Friday night
image_zps0e6bc6fd.jpg

then did a little of this last night
image_zps520c0b4c.jpg

I might have my high-idle problem sorted out. :)

I swapped the Throttle Body for one that has less lateral play in the shaft. When I went to re-install the CCV tube, I noticed the rubber elbow had hardened and cracked. DOH!!!

I broke one of those stupid elbows with the load leveler when I did my rod bearings, gaskets/seals, and 5 speed swap a few months ago... it has been holding together with about 20 layers of e-tape on it (ghetto!) so far but I have a whole set of new ones in my next rockauto order. They have damn near all of them. Just wish I had realized it was going to break, I would have ordered them and installed new while the valve cover was off, the rubber grommets they go into are so much easier to deal with when you can get your hands under the cover.

I drove to my nearest auto parts and found a generic elbow for 1/4-inch tubing.

kastein said:
Just wish I had realized it was going to break, I would have ordered them and installed new while the valve cover was off, the rubber grommets they go into are so much easier to deal with when you can get your hands under the cover.
Do you have a part number for the grommets? Mine are not sealing like they used to.

I drove to my nearest auto parts and found a generic elbow for 1/4-inch tubing.

Do you have a part number for the grommets? Mine are not sealing like they used to.
Not sure. What year? RENIX I assume?

I just looked under 98 XJ 4.0 on rockauto and hit "put em in my cart" repeatedly until I had everything :laugh:

Trying to do some research and figure out how to modify my inverted T steering to be crossover without rebuilding the entire setup and spending a ton of money. Doesn't look possible without a complete rework though.

Took a 1/2 day from work and finished my diff cover and half of the truss. Burned it all together and now I have a stronger turd. Yay! I think....

Hmmm, yeah that's alot of pucks. Is that gonna flex much? I've never used more than a 3" stop spacer.

Since you've got the welder out, run a bead around the gap where the axle tubes go into the housing, to keep it from rotating. The truss side isn't much of an issue with the truss holding things there, but the other side definitely needs it.

Nice looking welds there homie!.... :thumbup:

Hmmm, yeah that's alot of pucks. Is that gonna flex much? I've never used more than a 3" stop spacer.

Since you've got the welder out, run a bead around the gap where the axle tubes go into the housing, to keep it from rotating. The truss side isn't much of an issue with the truss holding things there, but the other side definitely needs it.

Nice looking welds there homie!.... :thumbup:

Thanks...The hockey pucks were from my old 7.5" setup. The 5.5" lift will have much better tuck characteristics.

Got quite a bit done swapping things over from the old rig to the new rig today.

Head unit and sat radio mount installed and wiring for the amps run
Headlights and wiring harness installed
Battery installed
Air intake installed
Fixed non-opening hatch

Tomorrow I'll finish the sound system and fix a turn signal issue. Later this week the old rig goes to Flores' house to prepare for final tear down/retirement. I'm hoping to start the major build on the new rig in mid-June.

Got working on the MJ, put the locker and new axle seals in Monday. Now I need some tires, and an alignment, then I "think" it'll be ready to drive. Make sure everything is good, then it's time for the stroker swap. :greensmok

Got working on the MJ, put the locker and new axle seals in Monday. Now I need some tires, and an alignment, then I "think" it'll be ready to drive. Make sure everything is good, then it's time for the stroker swap. :greensmok

Set the toe, and drive it to the M&G on Sat. :)

Back