• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I had a mini of my jeep on my wedding cake. It was green obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went and got this turd. The inside is ruined beyond repair due to being underwater for a few days but I hope to salvage the drivetrain this winter. The 231 will go to my MJ/XJ project (accidentally ruined the existing one in it by making a speed hole), the AW4 will go back in the spare parts stock, the engine will be inspected, flushed and top end rebuilt and the D30 will go into my 2WD MJ to start its conversion. The real magic for me was the intact header panel, smoker vents and taillights. The chrome bumpers and side mirrors are extra goodies I'll stash for upcoming Jeeps.

Damn. You are the one who bought it. I called the guy about parting it and he told me he sold it whole. I was going to pick up the grill for the guy in England the needs one from the International Chapter.

A Waggy......oh how I wish I had one.

Damn. You are the one who bought it. I called the guy about parting it and he told me he sold it whole. I was going to pick up the grill for the guy in England the needs one from the International Chapter.

He mentioned other people calling him. Real nice guy. Has another pre 97 (non waggy) in the back in similar condition.

I had to have another waggy header panel. Mostly wanted the turn signal lenses but once I saw it was 4WD I oped to take the entire thing. I should be able to scrap 100 back out of it once stripped. I hate to crush it but the inside is completely ruined (smells like 7 years of mold and rats nests/bugs galore) and after pulling the drive train the is little reason to keep the body.

A Waggy......oh how I wish I had one.

Aside from parts, this is not the one you want.

I went and got this turd. The inside is ruined beyond repair due to being underwater for a few days but I hope to salvage the drivetrain this winter. The 231 will go to my MJ/XJ project (accidentally ruined the existing one in it by making a speed hole), the AW4 will go back in the spare parts stock, the engine will be inspected, flushed and top end rebuilt and the D30 will go into my 2WD MJ to start its conversion. The real magic for me was the intact header panel, smoker vents and taillights. The chrome bumpers and side mirrors are extra goodies I'll stash for upcoming Jeeps.

If you decide to unload the front clip, lemme know-- willing to actually pay for it and everything!!:sad1:

Some days I really hate having to smog check my trucks.

My XJ - I bought a brand new gas cap and it failed, so I bought a second identical one and it passed.

My ZJ - Partially my fault, but I forgot to clear the Check Engine codes before I went in. I went home and cleared them and then went back, but I failed because I didn't put enough cycles on the engine. Apparently (according to the Jeep dealer in town) I need to have at least a half tank of gas, drive it around town for about 150 miles, and then let it sit for a couple of overnights. How convoluted. I only average about 70 miles a week on that truck. It'll take me to the end of the month to get 150 done. I may have to just drive around aimlessly for awhile - and hope like hell the engine light doesn't come back on during it's "reset cycle."

Last edited:

My XJ - I bought a brand new gas cap and it failed, so I bought a second identical one and it passed.

My ZJ - Partially my fault, but I forgot to clear the Check Engine codes before I went in. I went home and cleared them and then went back, but I failed because I didn't put enough cycles on the engine. Apparently (according to the Jeep dealer in town) I need to have at least a half tank of gas, drive it around town for about 150 miles, and then let it sit for a couple of overnights. How convoluted. I only average about 70 miles a week on that truck. It'll take me to the end of the month to get 150 done. I may have to just drive around aimlessly for awhile - and hope like hell the engine light doesn't come back on during tis "reset cycle."

And that right there is why I love living in Cannon Co. I don't have to mess with any of that.

Got a set of adjustable upper control arms in delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited to get them on and get the angle set. I don't recommend OEM stamped metal ones on 5.5" lift. I'm hoping this makes things a lot smoother.

Going to do new plugs this week also.

c7a77467327846817a703823ec62ac9c.jpg

Got the tires for my daughter's Jeep mounted and balanced period

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Tirerecappers in Tenn. 285/75r16 so about 33x11.5 $135 each delivered. We'll see how they do.

My ZJ - Partially my fault, but I forgot to clear the Check Engine codes before I went in. I went home and cleared them and then went back, but I failed because I didn't put enough cycles on the engine. Apparently (according to the Jeep dealer in town) I need to have at least a half tank of gas, drive it around town for about 150 miles, and then let it sit for a couple of overnights. How convoluted. I only average about 70 miles a week on that truck. It'll take me to the end of the month to get 150 done. I may have to just drive around aimlessly for awhile - and hope like hell the engine light doesn't come back on during it's "reset cycle."

Did you reset the light with a code reader? Even most basic code readers display readiness monitors. You should be able to check it and see when it's ready so itsnot a crapshoot going back to the shop. It takes several drive cycles and 50-100 miles. It takes cold starts, getting the cat heated up, driving for certain amounts of time, etc. to trip the monitors. Not sure about your state's laws, but you should be able to pass with two incomplete readiness monitors on a vehicle that age.

Got a set of adjustable upper control arms in delivered yesterday. I'm pretty excited to get them on and get the angle set. I don't recommend OEM stamped metal ones on 5.5" lift. I'm hoping this makes things a lot smoother.

New or used? What kind?

Tirerecappers in Tenn. 285/75r16 so about 33x11.5 $135 each delivered. We'll see how they do.

Please keep us posted on these.

Please keep us posted on these.

I remember years ago Wingnutooa (remember that guy) bought a set of re-treads for his pick up tow vehicle and he had a cap peel off on the way to Land Between the Lakes and take out the side of his truck bed. He had his done here in Nashville. Perhaps just a fluke issue, but I've been leery of the re-treads since.

Yikes! Didn't realize you were still on stock uppers at that height. I hated my stock uppers at 4.5". I think you'll be pleased with the results!

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

In other news, while changing them out, it appears that my upper arm mount on the pumpkin, at such as terrible angle, has contacted and bent my track bar which could account for the pulling. As well, I found that I have a joint that needs to be rebuilt on my drivers side LCA which could account for the awful clunk noise that I hear every time I turn and have been chasing off and on for a year.

Saturday I replaced the rear upper control arms on my dad's new (to him) TJ. Also replaced the track bar. Final parts for my hydro assist showed up Saturday so I'm hoping to have the box back together tonight and start plumbing the cooler and ram.

Back