• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ dies at highway speed

2000 XJ bought 20 years and 150,000 miles ago. No vapor lock when running, 4-low on the Jeep trails, or 85 mph on the highways.

Since you mention vapor lock, a thought - my 2000 has vapor locked badly since I got it, but not when driving, it does it when you make a quick stop like getting gas or running into a convenience store and you don't pop the hood. Then when looking into coolant loss I pressure tested the cap and found it held no pressure. Replaced it with a Stant which held ~9 PSI. Replaced that with a MoPar one which held ~13 PSI. Still not to spec but better, have not topped up coolant since and it seems to handle those quick stops better too. Now that you reminded me I'm going to check with another gauge because my power is out and I'm bored and that's something I can do without electricity.

Back