• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Yep! That was me! Haha, there are a few Jeeps on here and CF that are hard to mistake for others, yours just happened to be one I recognized lol

I bet the big yellow lights had something to do with that......or that I'm a post whore.....:D

Buddy of mine did that on his old 4-runner a couple years ago. That thing would crawl like no other in the extra low range it had. Made for some fun at Uwharrie. Point it literally at whatever you wanted to crawl over, let the clutch out in first and it would idle right over anything. Of course, it had 37's on it too which helped a lot.

Well picked up my new Tcase with twin sticks today! Got a pretty awesome deal from the guy. So the factory Tcase for my Toyota has a 2.28:1 ratio whereas this new case has a 4.70:1 ratio in it. Should be much better on the clutch now in low range. Also got a doubler adapter, but I think ima hold off on that and just throw the new case in place of the old one first. Besides I cant afford to get new shafts and cross member at the moment.

Drove home from Jeepfest today.

Broke both my rear shocks
Got rock rash on my wheels and axles
Skid plate and long arms got eaten up pretty bad in a few spots
Diff covers got a good work out too

Everything else looks fine...

Lokka locker worked great. Pretty Impressed on road and off. Andy can verify how it worked for me for what he saw. I'll post some pics later

Over the weekend I went to JK Fest.

Drank beer.

20130907_233142_zps227ab48f.jpg

Oh that's right! You were up there too weren't you?

Up where? Charlotte?

Like usual I didn't get any decent pictures of my Jeep on the trail.

I took one of it on the way home.

20130908_133927_zps2de5c91c.jpg

How's it tow that? What does a pop generally weigh?

Spent the weekend in Aiken at the parents house and hanging around downtown at the arts and crafts show. Ate a lot of good food and drank some good beer too.

How's it tow that? What does a pop generally weigh?

It does OK. I have to keep it in 3rd for most of the trip. Especially on any hills. With stock tires and stock gears it'd do fine but I'm rockin stock gears and 31's for now. 4.10's in the future. It does a pretty good job of stopping it.

Older pop ups tend to weigh more than newer ones. I'm going to guess this one is along the lines of 1500-1700 pounds loaded. Stump pulls his with his red XJ and it's way bigger than mine but it's newer and probably weighs around the same. Maybe he'll chime in on how much his weighs.

I'm hoping to trade for a smaller one later this week.
Camper3_zps80124b6d.jpg

(Probably already posted this but oh well)

I'll sell the one I have now. You should buy it. ;)

It does OK. I have to keep it in 3rd for most of the trip. Especially on any hills. With stock tires and stock gears it'd do fine but I'm rockin stock gears and 31's for now. 4.10's in the future. It does a pretty good job of stopping it.

Older pop ups tend to weigh more than newer ones. I'm going to guess this one is along the lines of 1500-1700 pounds loaded. Stump pulls his with his red XJ and it's way bigger than mine but it's newer and probably weighs around the same. Maybe he'll chime in on how much his weighs.

I'm hoping to trade for a smaller one later this week.
Camper3_zps80124b6d.jpg

(Probably already posted this but oh well)

I'll sell the one I have now. You should buy it. ;)
We have an older 18ft Coleman popup tow it with both the wife's jeep(stock on 31s) and mine (4.10s 33s)

My jeep definitely pulls it better but I've never felt like I could pull a hill with her jeep or mine.

We have an older 18ft Coleman popup tow it with both the wife's jeep(stock on 31s) and mine (4.10s 33s)

My jeep definitely pulls it better but I've never felt like I could pull a hill with her jeep or mine.

Couldn't pull a hill?

I mean, it does fine I just lose a few MPH on long steep grades without running 5k rpm.

It also appears that newer Pups aren't that much lighter than older Pups according to a few minutes of research.

Couldn't pull a hill?

I mean, it does fine I just lose a few MPH on long steep grades without running 5k rpm.

It also appears that newer Pups aren't that much lighter than older Pups according to a few minutes of research.

I gotcha yeah mine does about the same.Personally I don't notice a huge power difference in wife's jeep and mine.

I use to pull my 19' bass boat with my old red 96 XJ, 31's and 4:10's. It did fine but long grades meant a lot of back and forth shifting and some high revs on the motor(I live in the mountains). The boat weighed in at 3k loaded with full tournament gear.

I wish I still had the boat and the XJ(sold the boat, son totaled the XJ)

jeepboatsideview.jpg

jeepboatrear.jpg

i picked up a lift kit for my tj! (I hope.) Got stock springs and shocks for a JK 4 door after reading that it would lift a 2.5l tj 3" or so.. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weekends how true that is. Wonder how a 97 2.5l will do with 32's and stock gears? My '84 carberated 4 banger xj did fine, but that pig had 4.56 gears from the factory! Some kind of special order tow package or something... Anyway, I think the 97 TJ SE came with either 3.73's or 4.10's? This was supposed to be my DD, but I don't think I can stomach leaving a purple tj stock.

Back