• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

oof... internal slave... convert to external next time you have to replace it! LOL

IIRC all you need is the bellhousing, clutch fork, throwout bearing, and input bearing retainer from an external slave AX15.

Got the new hatch on the Jeep yesterday. Went up early in the day with my cousin to get it. I'm glad I was packing and had my gigantic little cousin with me. That guy was sketchy! The hatch was in decent shape and was originally green. It went on without issue, the tire carrier is tweaked though. Ended up taking the license plate light cover deal off and even then the hi-lift mount hits the hatch. Time for some torch and bfh work on the carrier.

oof... internal slave... convert to external next time you have to replace it! LOL

IIRC all you need is the bellhousing, clutch fork, throwout bearing, and input bearing retainer from an external slave AX15.

Internal slaves are the devil....

I think an internal slave still holds the record for farthest part thrown across the yard. In fact, it's probably still there I don't remember retrieving it.

Visited a little place called Egypt

I saw a NAXJA member there (in between dodging RPGs, you know, the kind Fox News says every 8 year old in Egypt has), he's behind the pole.

Ignore that bank guard armed with the AK to the left of the XJ.

Otherwise, Egypt is rich in history and invention. Nice sunset btw.

Lots of beauty in Egypt for sure, lots of people that hate americans too!

An actual NAXJA member? I seem to recall someone listing Egypt as their location but didn't know we actually had a member out there!

edit: that was probably mmag1982. You meet him? He's always seemed like a decent guy on the forums.

I did this:

y4y3e7am.jpg

3e3enasy.jpg

uhy4unub.jpg

It took most of my weekend so I didn't get to mess with any cars. :-/

I spent time with the girlfriend, then Doug and Sam came up to get Jeep parts then fixed the hatch on my pile. Also visited some family. Good weekend up this way! :cheers:

Yikes, I wouldn't want to be near Cairo.

Ya, me either. We were about 500 miles away.

An actual NAXJA member? I seem to recall someone listing Egypt as their location but didn't know we actually had a member out there!

edit: that was probably mmag1982. You meet him? He's always seemed like a decent guy on the forums.

It was a joke. I didn't actually meet an NAXJA member, just saw a lot of XJ's being abused.

Lots of beauty in Egypt for sure, lots of people that hate americans too!

I never once met a person that hated me or my family. I felt safe enough to take my 6 year old son and 69 year old grandmother. Egyptian were probably some of the nicest people I have met in my travels so far. Are there Egyptians that hate Americans? Sure. But I never met any in the 7 days I was there.

I never once met a person that hated me or my family. I felt safe enough to take my 6 year old son and 69 year old grandmother. Egyptian were probably some of the nicest people I have met in my travels so far. Are there Egyptians that hate Americans? Sure. But I never met any in the 7 days I was there.

That's great, you know how the media is though, they make it out to be worse than it actually is. Its one of those situations where the minority casts a bad shadow on the majority. Yeah, we do have some fat, intolerant disrespectful assclowns in the US but we aren't all like that!

That's great, you know how the media is though, they make it out to be worse than it actually is. Its one of those situations where the minority casts a bad shadow on the majority. Yeah, we do have some fat, intolerant disrespectful assclowns in the US but we aren't all like that!

I think if I had a choice to travel to a Middle Eastern Country, Egypt would be one of my choices. My family has been there a few times and never had any issues.

I have been to Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, and UAE..........not by choice though lol. UAE is extremely westernized and modern, typical of an oil rich country.

The western media does what they are paid to do.............report the worst(and best) news going on. Egypt is an area of concern right now so the world is collapsing around Cairo, according to FOX news.

/end worthless post

Back