• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I picked up my new truck today:

100_2670.jpg

100_2668.jpg

100_2677.jpg

100_2671.jpg

100_2679.jpg

100_2678.jpg

100_2672.jpg

100_2674.jpg

Its an 05 2500 Cummins 4x4 with the G56 6 speed manual trans (unfortunately it's slightly weaker than the NV5600). Its only got 70,000 miles on it. Its pretty much fully loaded, only options its doesn't have are leather seats (part of the laramie package), adjustable pedals, alloy wheels, and a few other unimportant things. Its in fantastic shape... already has exhaust and an intake too. Should have an Edge Juice with attitude here soon. Its also gonna get a leveling kit and better stereo sometime within the next week or two.

Damn, nice ride Tyler. You'll be happy to know that quality individuals like myself are producing parts for Cummins engines. :D

Cleaned my IAC the other day. Now it idles much smoother. Had to scrap off the build up of carbon with a razor blade. Just sprayed it with some Sea Foam and scrapped lightly with the razor blade. Worked well. Cleaning out the throttle body took a bit more time with Q-tips but, it has definitely made a difference.

If the need creeps up again, try filling a spray paint cap with cleaner of choice and setting the IAC on it so the pintle is submerged-- do whatever else you need to and come back to a nice clean IAC without having to hold it upright the whole time.

I have the split power steering hose out, the thermostat housing out and cleaned, and pulled the throttle body.

Cleaned out the throttle body and IAC and reinstalled it.

Just need to get to the parts store for the hose and t-stat and I'll get that back in too.

Sitting in the airport with 3 hours to kill to go home. Definitely a lot to do for anyone and everyone in Vegas. Pics to come tonight perhaps or definitely tomorrow.

Sorry Nick, no midget hookers.

Finally got around to replacing the #1 fuel injector, all is good with the engine again, no just need to work on the other little stuff.

Well, this is number 4 that I looked at. I found an 04 in Atl that got sold the morning that I applied for the loan. Then I found another 04 in Ozark, AR but they guy agreed to meet me just outside of Nashville to make the trade. He got there and it was a pile so I had to walk away from that one. Then... I found an 05 in Bremen, Ga at a dealer but the price was way too high for what it was. So I called the dealer and they said the price was flexible so I went down there. Well, they were asking $24,000 plus fees on the internet. After several hours of trying to work with them, they would only drop to $23,177 out the door. Which is basically perfect truck price for a non perfect truck. It had a bunch of little stupid stuff wrong with it but stuff that had to be takin into account while pricing, and it wasn't. It had been wrecked twice, had 118,000 miles, junkyard transfer case, bent step bars, a couple broken interior panels, blown out drivers seat padding, etc. I told them to come down to $23,000 out the door and they would not... so we left. Next day they called begging me to come back and finally agreed to drop the price to $23 even and fill it up with fuel after I told them I wasn't interested in it unless they could arrange that too. So they agreed but I told them I would have to spend a day at the bank before I could come get it. Well the next day they called again and even offered to deliver it to my house! I was like no thanks! That was all this past week, Mon-Wed. Well on Tuesday night I found this one freshly posted on Cummins Forum in Taylorsville, KY for $24,000 but it has half the miles, and s in perfect shape. Got him to come down to $23,500 so I got it. It is more money than I wanted to spend for sure... wanted something in the $18-19000 range, but I got a whole lot of truck for a great price. Heck, it still under warranty! This truck is basically brand new!

So I guess all I can tell you is to keep looking, I was ready to give up and then finally found this one. Also, don't be afraid to look further away. They are out there for cheaper if you aren't looking for a perfect truck.

Saw this one yesterday. I'm thinking about taking a better look at it monday when they open up. This place always has about 8-10 full size trucks very reasonably priced but that's about all they ever have. I've never driven a truck from this guy but they all 'look' like nice trucks. $14,800 for this one. I don't remember what year model it was and the windows are tinted too dark to see the mileage... I guess I'll see about it tomorrow if I get to go back.

503070934_photobucket_39806_.jpg

Well got my stiffeners welded in. Gotta rework the sliders a bit now as they stick out a little to far since the stiffeners are now in. Was frustrating and fun at the same time. Really my first project using my welder.

so i'm in my 4th week of the co-driver stage of my trucking career. i hate the guy i have to share the truck with, but i only have to deal with it for a few more weeks, unless i can find a local job that gets me home more often. i would really like to have that job that has me home every night, but still pays enough to keep the bills under control...
anybody know of anything?

Still working on my frame stiffeners. I have the two main runs welded in and ground down and primered. My rig has a permanently welded in rear crossmember for the four link, so when i cut out for the crossmember, I had enough frame stiffener material left to add to the front and cover where I cut off the factory control arm mounts. Boy, the factory did not intend for those babies to come off!

Still working on my frame stiffeners. I have the two main runs welded in and ground down and primered. My rig has a permanently welded in rear crossmember for the four link, so when i cut out for the crossmember, I had enough frame stiffener material left to add to the front and cover where I cut off the factory control arm mounts. Boy, the factory did not intend for those babies to come off!
Yeah I have slammed the hell out of those mounts on rocks wheeling. Every time I wince and picture them ripping off the frame, but I have only succeeded in scraping the bottom edges up and bending them slightly so far.

Guess I'll have to try harder :dunno:

Got back to a dry and well running Jeep - contrary to a couple of months ago when I was on a business trip.

Must mean something bad's going to happen to it this week to make up for that lol.

Your shoulder must be feeling better.

Better, yes....healed, no. I'm just about to 175* of rotation upwards, so only 5* left that way. Still not allowed to lift anything over about 8-10 lbs. The therapist and doctor cleared me to work on the Jeep thought, because that will cause me to have to stretch the shoulder to get into positions.

Thanks for asking.

Back