• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I really have no clue... I was going down the road behind somebody going really slow. They slammed on brakes in. The middle of tthe road. So stomped the gas and went around the, somehow between stop and wide up it started running horrible... never in a million years did I think I could break a rotor button. I bet YOU can't break a rotor button! :p
posting from a smartphone? lol

I have never seen a rotor break before. That's pretty impressive. Any play in the distributor shaft?

I recognized the "hit spacebar twice and it auto corrects to a sentence end/start" because the tmobile g1 I'm rocking has a flaky spacebar... the same thing happens to me all the time.

Flew out to Las Vegas yesterday morning for a business trip (Conexpo ). Never been to Vegas before...this place is awesome!

Any play in the distributor shaft?

Somehow I missed this part last time. I'll blame that on the phone too.

No play in the cap... It broke when I rhomped on the gas pedal. The only thing I can think of is that there was enough deflection in the motor mount to cause the rotor to make contact with one of the pins inside the distributor cap... Unlikely but it's the only thing I see possible. I need motor mounts...

Somehow I missed this part last time. I'll blame that on the phone too.

No play in the cap... It broke when I rhomped on the gas pedal. The only thing I can think of is that there was enough deflection in the motor mount to cause the rotor to make contact with one of the pins inside the distributor cap... Unlikely but it's the only thing I see possible. I need motor mounts...

I'm lost on that one.

Mine will probably have some carp in it when. I get back ..especially after the rain before I left and the rain being predicted for the weekend. Damn water leaks!

I picked up my new truck today:

100_2670.jpg

100_2668.jpg

100_2677.jpg

100_2671.jpg

100_2679.jpg

100_2678.jpg

100_2672.jpg

100_2674.jpg

Its an 05 2500 Cummins 4x4 with the G56 6 speed manual trans (unfortunately it's slightly weaker than the NV5600). Its only got 70,000 miles on it. Its pretty much fully loaded, only options its doesn't have are leather seats (part of the laramie package), adjustable pedals, alloy wheels, and a few other unimportant things. Its in fantastic shape... already has exhaust and an intake too. Should have an Edge Juice with attitude here soon. Its also gonna get a leveling kit and better stereo sometime within the next week or two.

Well, this is number 4 that I looked at. I found an 04 in Atl that got sold the morning that I applied for the loan. Then I found another 04 in Ozark, AR but they guy agreed to meet me just outside of Nashville to make the trade. He got there and it was a pile so I had to walk away from that one. Then... I found an 05 in Bremen, Ga at a dealer but the price was way too high for what it was. So I called the dealer and they said the price was flexible so I went down there. Well, they were asking $24,000 plus fees on the internet. After several hours of trying to work with them, they would only drop to $23,177 out the door. Which is basically perfect truck price for a non perfect truck. It had a bunch of little stupid stuff wrong with it but stuff that had to be takin into account while pricing, and it wasn't. It had been wrecked twice, had 118,000 miles, junkyard transfer case, bent step bars, a couple broken interior panels, blown out drivers seat padding, etc. I told them to come down to $23,000 out the door and they would not... so we left. Next day they called begging me to come back and finally agreed to drop the price to $23 even and fill it up with fuel after I told them I wasn't interested in it unless they could arrange that too. So they agreed but I told them I would have to spend a day at the bank before I could come get it. Well the next day they called again and even offered to deliver it to my house! I was like no thanks! That was all this past week, Mon-Wed. Well on Tuesday night I found this one freshly posted on Cummins Forum in Taylorsville, KY for $24,000 but it has half the miles, and s in perfect shape. Got him to come down to $23,500 so I got it. It is more money than I wanted to spend for sure... wanted something in the $18-19000 range, but I got a whole lot of truck for a great price. Heck, it still under warranty! This truck is basically brand new!

So I guess all I can tell you is to keep looking, I was ready to give up and then finally found this one. Also, don't be afraid to look further away. They are out there for cheaper if you aren't looking for a perfect truck.

Suburban Stuff
i fixed a tranny leak
replaced the tiny tach
chased, found and killed electrical gremlins

Jeep Stuff
i busted a center pin on my leaf spring on tuesday so i went to my favorite hardware store and got some grade 8 hardware. a little grinder love and shazam tough center pins are born.

and i got to use my shiny new torque wrench on my u bolts. and this was all yesterday lol

and i really want that truck. like bad.

Last edited:
Cleaned my IAC the other day. Now it idles much smoother. Had to scrap off the build up of carbon with a razor blade. Just sprayed it with some Sea Foam and scrapped lightly with the razor blade. Worked well. Cleaning out the throttle body took a bit more time with Q-tips but, it has definitely made a difference.

Back