• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I'd go with keeping a couple of spares for the current project...but that might just be me.

I started round two of summer school this morning...spent the afternoon riding around putting in applications trying to find a job..and managed to find the people who have my dads dirt bike in WV (same people who he wrecked infront of and who helped get an ambulance to him)...and found out from them exactly what happened. Waiting for him to get released hopefully either Wednesday or Thursday.

It looks a lot rougher than it really is!! The guy I'm getting it from just pulled the front end off for his (his was REALLY toast), but I've got a complete front to put back on-- had he asked first, I'd have given it to him for the Jeep. As it turns out, I'm getting the leftovers and putting back everything he's pulling.

Finished my son's lift;
07-12-09_1759.jpg

and
07-10-09_1923.jpg

My old TrailMaster 4" drop bracket lift with an aal bastard pack and extended brake lines and longer shocks.

I also plumbed my hydro winch and wound on the winch rope;
07-12-09_1758.jpg

Just got home a few hours ago from Cub Scout Resident Camp at Camp Boxwell. Had a blast with Hunter this weekend. Archery, BB range, fishing, camping, camp wide scavenger hunt, bonfire, mess hall games and songs. Thanks to all of the Boys Scouts that worked the camp this year, they made it a blast for the boys and adults. First year there, looking forward to many more to come.

Just got home a few hours ago from Cub Scout Resident Camp at Camp Boxwell. Had a blast with Hunter this weekend. Archery, BB range, fishing, camping, camp wide scavenger hunt, bonfire, mess hall games and songs. Thanks to all of the Boys Scouts that worked the camp this year, they made it a blast for the boys and adults. First year there, looking forward to many more to come.

What! No Snipe hunt?

I picked up a ramsey rep8000 pound winch and cut up an old k5 top
then I took some poser pic's

Went to a party with the GF at a good friend of mine's house Friday night...drove up to Greensboro Saturday morning to see my Dad now that he's out of the hospital. Went over to my mom's in Winston to work on her Jeep some and house and dog sit while they were out of town for the night. Ended up fixing the AC on my buddy's WJ at 2am this morning out of bordem. Got up at 8 this morning, drove back to Charlotte, picked the GF up and spent the day with all of our friends tubing and boating on Mountain Island Lake.

All in all a good weekend.

finally unpacked all of my stuff from the crawl!!!
i went straight from the crawl to house sitting for a friend, and decided to keep all my stuff there for convenience.
got alot of cleaning to do this week in the shed, garage, and yard... but it doesn't look like the weather will be on my side this week :(

Gutted the interior, dropped gas tank to move half into floor, removed all glass, cut entire top off, packed bags and flew back down here to Miami for another month or so.

Finished unpacking from the Crawl and de-chiggering stuff...:speepin:

Got the rear tore apart on the trail rig and the carrier "almost" out.

Cleaned up my other XJ a bit. Dang Eric, know what a vacuum is??????:laugh3:

Took my daughter driving around in the '99 and she said for her first car, she wants an XJ!!!!:D Does me proud!

went to a family reunion and went fishing alot.... still haven't fixed my xj, but i'm leaving tonight or tomorrow to go pick up the new motor for the waggy... i hope this thing is worth the trip.

went to charleston and picked up my free motor for the waggy!! woo! the wrenchfest begins tomorrow! imma start around 9:30 or 10, and go at least till the motor is out, and try to have her running again by sunday night! who's in?? i'm workin on it @ mtsu's vocational agriculture shop, where there are air tools, cherry pickers, and possibly a/c....no hard feelings if you're busy, as it is short notice, but i've already recruited some of you, and you know who you are, so if you don't show, i may try to make out with your sister or something dirty like that....

went to charleston and picked up my free motor for the waggy!! woo! the wrenchfest begins tomorrow! imma start around 9:30 or 10, and go at least till the motor is out, and try to have her running again by sunday night! who's in?? i'm workin on it @ mtsu's vocational agriculture shop, where there are air tools, cherry pickers, and possibly a/c....no hard feelings if you're busy, as it is short notice, but i've already recruited some of you, and you know who you are, so if you don't show, i may try to make out with your sister or something dirty like that....

I'll be there! :thumbup: But only because I don't want you making out with my sister. Haha.

Got some way overdue yardwork done...

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Forgot to take a before pic here but you get the idea
DSC_0025A.jpg

- finally got the tent cleaned too. :looney: :looney: :speepin:

Back