• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted: MJ or XJ for DD duty

Gil BullyKatz said:
It's almost too nice for a DD for me...

Did the 4 cylinder 4x4's ever come equipped with an auto?

I've got massive stop and go traffic to deal with..

yeah - its rumored that the 4cyl 4x4's came with 4.56 gears int he diffs too...

XJ_ranger said:
yeah - its rumored that the 4cyl 4x4's came with 4.56 gears int he diffs too...

In the diffs? Really? Are you sure?
I heard that they put the 4.56's under the passanger seat.

:D

I do know some 2.5 4x4 XJ's had 4.56's. Don't know why MJ's would be any different.

Haleyes said:
In the diffs? Really? Are you sure?
I heard that they put the 4.56's under the passanger seat.

well that sure would be convinient wouldnt it?

do they have an extra shift lever for thoes? :D :D

XJ_ranger said:
well that sure would be convinient wouldnt it?

do they have an extra shift lever for thoes? :D :D
Not sure on that.

Gil, there is an MJ in E-ham for sale. I'll sniff on it Thursday if it's still there(Wyfe's next Dr. appt.) I suspect it'll be a rust bucket though but, I may be wrong. No details at this point other than it's an MJ. I'll post up when I find any more details.

Gil BullyKatz said:
It's almost too nice for a DD for me...

Did the 4 cylinder 4x4's ever come equipped with an auto?

I've got massive stop and go traffic to deal with..
If you get one & want to swap in an AW4 I have the flywheel for it. Might still be able to get the complete trans & xfer case too. JIM.

Gil BullyKatz said:
as in full size waggy?

or xj waggy?

either way...

can't really go wrong...

I was hoping for an MJ for when we buy an house next year (hopefully)

but a full size waggy or J truck would tow Skanky nicely...

Those 2 door late 70's cherokees are reeeeeal nice.

As in waggy waggy, not cherowaggy.

Should have info by tonight.

Need a definition of "cheap".

There's a perfect '99 across the street from me.

if you want a full size waggy there's one here for sale. I know the guy, he helped me set up gears.
$800, it's rusted through the rockers at the rear wheelwell and that's it.
360, 4x4, runs nicely.
He was DD'ing it till he got his new truck.

Haleyes said:
I do know some 2.5 4x4 XJ's had 4.56's. Don't know why MJ's would be any different.

I saw one on ebay once.

theres one by me, looks like early 90's
I think he wants $2000 give or take a few bucks
I live in the south suburbs, so if you want me to get some more details, let me know

Haleyes said:
Gil, there is an MJ in E-ham for sale. I'll sniff on it Thursday if it's still there(Wyfe's next Dr. appt.) I suspect it'll be a rust bucket though but, I may be wrong. No details at this point other than it's an MJ. I'll post up when I find any more details.

Mike stopped & looked at this one on the way back to the hospital. Priority mix up maybe.:doh: :shocked: :twak: :confused: It is an 88 with 180K. 4L 5sp 2wd. Asking 1200. He said he took some pics. & got the phone #. Also said not bad on rust. He will get the pics. up asap. JIM.

Seems to be pretty a solid truck. I looked it over pretty good and found nothing major.

Area code 618.
Pics as promised:

100_2574.jpg

100_2579.jpg

100_2580.jpg

100_2581.jpg

100_2582.jpg

100_2578.jpg

100_2577.jpg

100_2576.jpg

100_2575.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I might add to the list. I looked at both and are in really good shape. I can get pictures if you are interested.

88 full size wagoneer: 360, auto tranny, dana 60 rear, dana 44 front, towing package, sun roof, and much more was done to it recently. Truck is in pretty good condition with very minor rust. Interior is excellent. $1200.00 or best offer. Sign said low miles.

96 two door white cherokee: 4.0HO with just over 200,000 and no leaks, aw4, 231j, crysler 8.25, 4.5" Rough Country lift with other add ons, 32"X11" MTR's and excellent rims. The lift and tires were put on less then three months ago and have less than 3500 miles on them. Interior is in good condition just needs to be cleaned. Very minor rust except some bigger spots on the floor boards. More info if needed. $2900.00 or best offer. Owner seemed willing to go lower by a few hundred. Let me know. They are both in Green Bay.

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
That shirt looks pretty familiar. You must wear it often.:D

Kim.
Good catch. :laugh: I have 2 so I do represent the MWC whenever I have the oppurtunity.

:greensmok

Haleyes said:
Seems to be pretty a solid truck. I looked it over pretty good and found nothing major.

Area code 618.
Pics as promised:

thank you very much...

considering you could be elsewhere changing diapers and all!

A big MWC thanks to everyone chiming in...

Good prospects...

Still having a tough time deciding between an MJ or a full size waggy...

Damn.

Gil,

You have mail...

Back