• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: cheap, decent stockish tires

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Need something to put on the YJ. 215s up to 31s with or without rims.

What do you have?

i have some 30x9.5x15 bfg AT's sitting in my garage at home, one sidewall/side lug has been patched, one tire i blew out a stem and it went flat the inside of the sidewall is a bit chewed up, but they all hold air just fine! i dunno what you need them for but you can have them if you cant find anything better.

I've got a mismatched set of street 235/75's that have horrible tread...I know this sounds like an offer you can't refuse.

i have some 30x9.5x15 bfg AT's sitting in my garage at home, one sidewall/side lug has been patched, one tire i blew out a stem and it went flat the inside of the sidewall is a bit chewed up, but they all hold air just fine! i dunno what you need them for but you can have them if you cant find anything better.

These might work, maybe I could find one or two more somewhere. I mainly just want something that a potential buyer would not be afraid to drive on.

Maybe you could get some pics next time you're home?
Do you ever pass by Chicago going from Cleveland to KC?

Too bad you just got rid of those 35s :D

Yeah those would have been awesome with the stock axles and wimpy 4- banger :D

Wish I hadn't sold the ones from Cindy's jeep though...

I've got a mismatched set of street 235/75's that have horrible tread...I know this sounds like an offer you can't refuse.

Ummmm....

thanks, but that doesn't sound too appealing :D

Anybody else got anything? Not in a big rush, I won't be driving it until I give it a good going over.

How cheap are you looking for? I've got some Dueler ATs on my stock steel wheels (235/75s). 5-7/32nds, no plugs, little wear on one shoulder of one tire. Fresh gloss black rattlecan paint. Thinking about losing the RT alloys and my old steel wheels/tires for some Jeep alloys and 30s or 31s. They're buried at the moment, but I could get some pics if you think you're interested.

How cheap are you looking for? I've got some Dueler ATs on my stock steel wheels (235/75s). 5-7/32nds, no plugs, little wear on one shoulder of one tire. Fresh gloss black rattlecan paint. Thinking about losing the RT alloys and my old steel wheels/tires for some Jeep alloys and 30s or 31s. They're buried at the moment, but I could get some pics if you think you're interested.

These might work. What would need to get for them?

If you could get some pics, I'd appreciate it.

damn John, I just gave a set of the silver honeycombs like you had on Cindys jeep away. Let me see if they are still around and I will get back with ya. I believe I have a set of 235's out in the barn that came off a parts rig and they are probably 50% or better tread. Not sure if there are 3 or 4 of them, I will check and get back with ya. And you know me..my currency is in the liquid form and can be paid at WF...that Wit brew you had at the Pig Gig was mighty tasty!! or if I road trip to Chicago in the near future we can settle up then if something works out. :cheers:

Cheeseman-OUT!

damn John, I just gave a set of the silver honeycombs like you had on Cindys jeep away. Let me see if they are still around and I will get back with ya. I believe I have a set of 235's out in the barn that came off a parts rig and they are probably 50% or better tread. Not sure if there are 3 or 4 of them, I will check and get back with ya. And you know me..my currency is in the liquid form and can be paid at WF...that Wit brew you had at the Pig Gig was mighty tasty!! or if I road trip to Chicago in the near future we can settle up then if something works out. :cheers:

Cheeseman-OUT!

Thanks, Tyler. Let me know what you have.

And I have another batch of Wit fermenting now, and a winter warmer spiced ale. Czech Pilsner, Saison, Pumpkin Ale, and Patersbier currently on tap

Well, I feel stupid. Odd shoulder wear on 3 of them, not just the 1. I was running these until I got the midlife crisis alloys, and I never noticed the wear before. Uploading pics now. Here's the folder link.
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/AHhub/tires/
I sanded them down, used the Rustoleum rust converter primer, and gloss enamel. They all look pretty much like this, all 4 caps are there too.

As for cost, heck I don't know. I bought the 18" alloys and tires for less than guys try to get for old Jeep alloys with no clearcoat left around here. Local prices aren't realistic. What do you guys think they're worth?

Well, I feel stupid. Odd shoulder wear on 3 of them, not just the 1. I was running these until I got the midlife crisis alloys, and I never noticed the wear before. Uploading pics now. Here's the folder link.
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/AHhub/tires/
I sanded them down, used the Rustoleum rust converter primer, and gloss enamel. They all look pretty much like this, all 4 caps are there too.

As for cost, heck I don't know. I bought the 18" alloys and tires for less than guys try to get for old Jeep alloys with no clearcoat left around here. Local prices aren't realistic. What do you guys think they're worth?

That seems to be a private album, it's asking me for a password?

DSCF5369.jpg

DSCF5370.jpg

DSCF5371.jpg

DSCF5372.jpg

DSCF5373.jpg

DSCF5374.jpg

Tires don't look too bad. The rims look too good, they would make the YJ look even worse :D

You ever get up to Chicago, or towards Champaign?

Neither in quite a while, but Champaign isn't much more than an hour over on 74 from here. I'd almost hate to see the rims on a cheerleader Jeep though. :D

Neither in quite a while, but Champaign isn't much more than an hour over on 74 from here. I'd almost hate to see the rims on a cheerleader Jeep though. :D

Even though he has 3 XJ's? :D

Thanks, but I already found some.

Got them on the YJ, they worked fine going up and down the driveway :D

It won't be going farther than that until I get that frame patched.

Back