• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Ouch

Nope. Haha.

What a pain in the ass i had last night with ujoints. I buggered one of the shafts and so now it looks like i bought myself a spare chromo in 35spl shaft. So lame. 2 hours pulling and installing ujoints for two shafts. Rough night.

This morning i got the rear brake likes done and ill be installing the front shafts this afternoon along with the ebrake lines and front drive shaft. Then its just checking fluids and some electrical stuff. I think ill be installing airlines in reno. As i have not received my 2day air package i ordered from lowrangeoffroad last friday. It has my arb air lines for the rear axle.

Go down the Parker and grab 3/16 line. Fits great just heat up the axle side male flange before pushing it in the tube. Grab a few in line push lock fittings for trail repairs

Found a super small local hydraulic shop. Got some 3/16 od line and some push fittings. Hopefully i can make this work. Ill pull apart the bulkhead fitting and check it tonight.

Dont have any shops locally other than fastenal. Are you talking about the axle bulkhead fitting josh. Thats 3/16 od right?

Yes the one that is inserted into the tube with the flange for the bulkhead seal. Mine was tight but a little lube and heat if needed and it will slide right in.

The fittings for the silonod are a very easy fit. Good luck

Thanks josh. Im feeling confident i can get that sorted.

Just took it for the maiden voyage. Death wobble like crazy. Ill be taking a look at the alignment in the morning. I have a feeling i may need some adjustable lowers to resolve this. Anyone have any for sale?

2957624a034f4f3704ebcc97851d62a8.jpg

Made it to starbucks and back

Whats the trackbar to drag link look like ?
Trackbar mount is tight ? Whats caster? Toe ?
Tires are balanced? Stabilizer might mask it enoug to drive for the weekend

Track bar axle end bolt was stripped. I swapping out to a fine thread grade 8 1/2" bolt.

The axle was flopping back and forth. Ill take some pics of the front but i think i found the cause.

My jeep is so low i dont think steering angles even come into play. Everything is very horizontal.

Track bar axle end bolt was stripped. I swapping out to a fine thread grade 8 1/2" bolt.

Bolts and bushings are tight? As you have someone turn the wheel back and forth, there is no play at either end? Why cant you just bring your uppers in more? Maybe get rid of the drop brackets and bring the uppers in more?

Bolts and bushings are tight? As you have someone turn the wheel back and forth, there is no play at either end? Why cant you just bring your uppers in more? Maybe get rid of the drop brackets and bring the uppers in more?

The trackbar wasnt tight at the axle end. The bolt was stripped out and wasnt clamping anymore.

Im at 7* of caster. My uppers are all the way in. Its because i have the drop brackets at a very low lift. And the arms are for a 3.5" lift so they are already longer than stock. I really need adjustable lowers to push the front end forward a good 2". That will give me better angles and relieve the coil bowing i have going on right now.

Yeah or pull the drop brackets altogether .

ok cool. glad you fixed it.

And with a 2am finish. The jeep is ready sort of.

If anyone has a lower half steering shaft with the joint connection to the steering box i could really use one in reno.

Back