• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

4a96cdd2d101889532a5caf11d03a8bd.jpg

Yup had them for almost a year. Just mounted them up. With all the recent mods its like a completely different jeep. Feels planted and much more stable. I think most of it was leaf and shackle setup. The backend while feeling soft and flexy is very sure of itself.

I like how one post you mention "Feels planted and much more stable." and then the next
post is a picture of it on its side... haha Really glad you didn't injure yourself on that flop.

Yes it planted it self right up the wrong line. Rears were about six inches to far to the right.

First run with a manual was a learning experience. The main one being i need lower gearing. 4:1 to come soon. Maybe even lower.

Last edited:
So the reno run was awesome. MrsSmasho and i had a blast meeting everyone new and hanging with friends.

Had a fuel leak that we ended up repairing at camp. I knew it was coming from the top of the tank but couldnt see where. Then Tommy reminded me i had cut an access hole in the cargo area. So we pulled up the carpet to take a look. Turns out my two year old pump had a wornout oring at the regulator on top of the pump and it was pumping fuel out the top of the pump. Alan to the rescue with his HF injector oring kit. We doubled up the old and one new oring and boom... No more leak. I was really stoked to have that fixed. Wheel the heck out of bronco canyon. Took our group 6.5 hours to go about a half mile.
I didnt take many pics but you can look at the reno run thread and see what my wife took. Here is a video of the last section.
https://youtu.be/6KGqiVW6xkc

As you can see my slow speed is not that slow. So the decision has been made to run a NWF eco doubler and a D300 with 4:1. So the end result will be.
1:1, 2.72:1, 4:1, and 10.88:1. Should give me a good amount of control over speed.

So my goals before sierra fest are:

Rebuild the 8.8. Detroit wheelbearings and full rebuild. Hopefully the gears are still ok. They only have about 700 miles on them. Its making a good amount of noise right now.

Relace power steering pump and lines. It screams. You can tell in the video.

Then get the nee tcase assembly settled in.

I did use my hand throttle quite a bit on many of the bumpy roads out to bronco. It was very nice to have.

I didn't hear any power steering whine? Haha yes you need more gear. So your doubler is gonna be awesome to wheel. Your really gonna love trying tough lines with over 100-1 ratio.. Everybody look out.

Do you run a PS cooler? Also consider running redline PS fluid if you arent already .

I like the idea of the doubler!

I dont run a cooler. I have never had a problem with fade or cavitation or anything. The pump was just loud from day one. You can deffinately hear it in the video. Its way louder that any of the engine noises. Its a wj pump. Im doing some research of how to get it to be better.

Id slap a cooler on there. Locked and 35s id throw a cooler on there.

I dont run a cooler. I have never had a problem with fade or cavitation or anything. The pump was just loud from day one. You can deffinately hear it in the video. Its way louder that any of the engine noises. Its a wj pump. Im doing some research of how to get it to be better.

Let us k ow what you come up with because i would like get more help from my power steering when the front is locked.

Back