• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie This weekend??

tayman

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 4-day weekend this weekend (I think) and I'm wanting to hit Uwharrie. I've been stationed here at Bragg since April, and have yet to hit up Uwharrie. I'm wanting to spend a night or two there, and I'm basically looking for someone to more or less be a guide/wheeling buddy. The more the merrier as usual.

My jeep is built well enough to handle most of the rocks that the Californian sierras have to throw at it. So you "shouldn't" have to worry about my rig (knock on wood). I'm on 35's, locked, with gears, axles and driveshafts. And on board air, and plenty of spare parts. and spare tire, and blah blah blah....

I'm thinking friday/saturday or saturday/sunday. Not sure yet. Depends on whether I'm on duty this weekend or not.

Anyone interested??

Assuming... I get my front end tightened up, the ujoint snappage today was just wear and tear, and I still have dough for gas, I'm down. So yeah lots of big ifs but I will make it if I can.

I might could swing it this weekend. Was actually going to post something up in the next day or two about doing a Uwharrie run for next weekend (weekend of the 17th). Have a buddy coming to town that's been wanting to go.

Right on, right on. So we have some interest then. Anyone have a good tentative meeting spot/campground?
Like I said, I've never been,
so I'm a total URE noob.

Assuming... I get my front end tightened up, the ujoint snappage today was just wear and tear, and I still have dough for gas, I'm down. So yeah lots of big ifs but I will make it if I can.

What needs to be tightened on the front end? Something we could do on the trail?

Are you geared? I blew a lot of u-joints before I re-geared. Now all the stress is relocated back into the axle. Just a thought.

What needs to be tightened on the front end? Something we could do on the trail?

Are you geared? I blew a lot of u-joints before I re-geared. Now all the stress is relocated back into the axle. Just a thought.

No he does not have enough gear but the stroker does nto help either.... :moon:

Damn.

I need to do that too. haha

Slightly geared, deeper ones are on the way. My problem right now is blowing up the driveshafts. Went to replace the joint today and oh look... Another yoke destroyed. Yes my pinion angle is good. Probably not perfect, but its close. Off to the junkyard tomorrow for a yoke and a spare or two.

It's still up in the air if I will make it or not. As an FYI, cell reception is horrible at URE. The easiest way to meet up is to pick a time for everyone to arrive at the Eldorado Outpost. There you can gas up and get your trail pass as well as park a tow rig if you have tags on the Jeep.

Camping depends on your requirements. Anywhere on the trails is free. We know of some popular spots that are flat and cleared out. There is a campground with water and bathhouse for $20ish a night.

I'm on the fence about this weekend as well. Given that I would like to go next weekend, I don't think I could swing both weekends right now (financially).

I hear you uncc....
This whole thread is stil tentative because I'm not sure if/when i'll have CQ this weekend. And my Fiance' is going out saturday night and she wants to come. So it would have to probably be a sunday/monday trip if it worked out. That or fri/sat. But Like I said. Still tentative until I actually know my schedule.

Well.... Dave and I have been kicking around a weekend trip with camping at Arrowhead before they close. I want to take Ghost this time. So this will likely be in December. So keep this in mind.

Welp, my weekend just got trashed. So this idea has officially gone out the window... d@m#it....

I'll keep dec in mind.

Probably also game for next weekend if I'm free. Keep me in mind for that as well.

Woke up feeling like crap again. This stupid weather is killing me. Definitely trying to go next weekend though.

Cool deal. Keep me in the loop!

Back