• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails

If your willing to push Holy Cross til Friday, I'll run it with you.

EDIT: Reallistically Ill run what ever your on as I want to check out your rig. I remember when you first started that thing and I saw it when I used to have a ZJ. After looking up the other trails, and if you can have fun in a buggy, I should have no problem playing in the rocks on 35s.

Last edited:
I'll run Holy Cross. I'm not taking the JK up Carnage but the others should be doable.

If your willing to push Holy Cross til Friday, I'll run it with you.

EDIT: Reallistically Ill run what ever your on as I want to check out your rig. I remember when you first started that thing and I saw it when I used to have a ZJ. After looking up the other trails, and if you can have fun in a buggy, I should have no problem playing in the rocks on 35s.

I'll run Holy Cross. I'm not taking the JK up Carnage but the others should be doable.

I'm up for Holy Cross Friday.

What...no one wants to play keep up with the buggy (its how I ended up with this thing getting enough damage to head down the buggy road) :D :laugh:

I'm thinking I might do Carnage on Sunday...since I might have a friend come out and not sure if anyone else will (or be willing to) do Carnage.

I wouldn't mind attempting Carnage as I know I can always just winch over stuff, but I really don't want to risk jacking up the body on the notch. Its a short enough trail though from what I remember that I'd go out there and watch.

I wouldn't mind attempting Carnage as I know I can always just winch over stuff, but I really don't want to risk jacking up the body on the notch. Its a short enough trail though from what I remember that I'd go out there and watch.

I'm just giving people crap Dutch :D

I would straight up tell you no to Carnage. There is NO way a full bodied rig is going to get through there without damage anymore. That trails has gotten gnarlier than I've ever seen it.
I just noticed a dent in my passenger side tube bar...not sure when I got it.

It would turn a JK into a nice open tuna can. :laugh:

Well speaking of mashing up the JK, just how gnarly is Holy Cross? I've never ran it and am a little concerned about it.

I'll have my new Poly 3" springs on it by then so that should get me up to over 12" under my belly (It is an unlimited so 117" or so wheelbase). I am running full engine/trans/t-case/fuel tank skids underneath and have the almost 35" KM2's. Its a Rubicon so obviously selectable lockers and 4:1 t-case, plus the surprisingly durable factory rocker guards. I also have a winch and tow points.

Think I have anything to worry about or will you be able to guide me up w/o too much issue?

Still coming, arriving the 4th. I know I need an off highway registration sticker from CO Parks and Wildlife. Any other permits I would need?

Mostly interested in the non-hardcore trails.

It's still a registered vehicle so as far as I know you'll be fine. I guess the 20$ doesn't hurt but I'd call and ask before spending the money.

I just called CPW and explained my situation. The agent I talked to said I need the sticker. So I'll probably get one just to cover all my bases even though I suspect from what you just said I'll be the only one to have one.

Twenty bucks isn't much...

Yeah, they changed some of the rules last year and it's not overly clear on what does/doesn't need a sticker. For all I know I need one too even though I have CO plates.

Really? I know some people that hit some really hardcore trails there every year.

Bastard government just always wants more.

I still need to get up there some time.

Back