• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tow rig

In doing more research is seems the 2500 Hemi's don't come with the MDS which is a killer for the DD aspect. Looks like 1500 has IFS vs. 2500 w/ SFA. Considering I will be towing the Jeep once every 2 months at the very best, I am leaning towards the 1500. Anyone with experience towing with one?

I towed an XJ with a Ram 1500 and I didn't die! :shocked:

2009 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 axles, tows great, rides great. IFS rides very well. You will of course want trailer brakes, but really, you want them for a 3/4 ton also.

I would buy a modern half ton pickup for towing an XJ on a 16'-20' bumper pull car hauler again.

I have a few freinds that tow with dodge 1500s with no issues at all they make plenty of power

Power isn't the problem. Braking is.

so as of right now i'm looking at 2 trucks. 99 f250, 116,xxx miles for 14,500 and a 99 dodge 13xxxx miles for 12,000. but i have to finance the truck.
think i'm going to try the ford first then the dodge 2nd.

1/4 tons in the last 5 years + are fine to tow XJs with. ONE XJ.

My dads 2010 F150 tows my XJ just fine on a trailer.

Got me a 97 dodge cummins diesel. It has a jake brake installed. Could someone explain how to usethis and its benifits

the guy said Jake Brake, i was guessing exhaust brake. its an auto unfortunatally.

Turn it on let off the go pedal listen to the woosh woosh sound and lemme know when you're ready to make that pig move

Jake brakes are not on small diesels, you have an exhaust brake I would assume. Do you look over the truck at all before buying it? Did you notice a modified downpipe with an electric vavle on it?

Jake brakes are not on small diesels, you have an exhaust brake I would assume. Do you look over the truck at all before buying it? Did you notice a modified downpipe with an electric vavle on it?

jocob does make "jake brakes" for small diesels FYI all "jake brakes" are exhaust breaks. big trucks just utilize the valves to stop the exhaust instead of the big butterfly u see in small truck applications. can you tell i work on big truck for a living :)

What do you mean, idk what I have and what it does. Lol

take a pic of the engine compartment specifically the passenger side just behind the turbo (the big round thing that says HOLSET )
and me can tell you what you have....or betta yet go play on CF some and learn

I will be making a handle on CF. I got the truck for a good deal, he said that it did do something with the valves, but he's a salesman so he's going to try to say everything lol

Back