• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Yeti

Glad to see SOMEONE is making progress. :gee:

Work has begun.

i.php

Who's garage are you invading? :pirate1:

Slow progress is slow, 1 man show. This is pretty much ride height, but that will taper off a bit once I get the tire carrier and spare mounted.

i.php

I'm assuming I will have too much pinion. The packs had shims on them and the perches were angled when welded on. Will have to wait and see but will likely have to pull the shims.

20170513180414-84cccecc-xl.jpg

20170513180418-2e8c9709-xl.jpg

This is how I left it for the day, I am beat.

20170513180424-fc73f06d-xl.jpg

Today was super unproductive. I got the old ball joints and UCA bushings out. Got one bushing in and then had to give up. Passenger side is extremely close to the track bar bracket and there is no room to get the press in. I tried the 'ole hammer and board method but no dice. I can buzz off some unnecessary material from the TB mount to make room but the cordless angle grinder died. You can see how close they are here. Basically looks the same as I left it yesterday.

20170514174947-bc741500-xl.jpg

20170514174951-41513058-xl.jpg

Spent the rest of the day on the SYE. Disassembled it on the Jeep because I had no desire to bench press a 231. I had a lock ring on the old main shaft that took me 30 minutes to get off, even with the right pliers. Left it disassembled because I did not have a caulk gun for the little tube of "right stuff" I picked up. Also noticed my tierod is super bent so I get to order a replacement for that as well. I'll be happy when this is all done.

20170514174959-7c3e8278-xl.jpg

Last edited:
:roflmao: He said "done" in association with a modded XJ!!! :roflmao:

Ugh...... hate those bug-eye lights. The Yeti will be creepy now........

:D

Ha, yeah, the look isn't fantastic but they are the best light you can get and I couldn't argue with the price. The first time I drove the Yeti at night I got over the aesthetically unappealing aspect of replacing the lights.

Does anyone know where you can get just the line brackets and clips? My SS lines are secondhand and did not come with them.

RE1550.jpg

Last edited:
CL is treating me well, full Bi-Xenon retrofit, $160.

i.php

Damm, super jealuos! My coworker got the dapper lighting version of those in black for his MJ at my recommendation.........killer lighting!

Personally if I was paying full price would go for the silver to look more OEM. But at that price you can't beat it.

The clips are just generic, can probably snag them at any parts store. They're the same as the factory uses on the rear brake line.

Not sure about the bracket, but some strap steel and a step bit would probably make a quick set easily enough.

Back